Saturday, October 9, 2021

It's a Finish!

Truth is, I finished this quilt in mid to late September.  I kept forgetting about taking pictures.  So today I figured out a new place to take smaller quilt pictures -- one wall of the new sun room is perfect (after I move two pictures, three plants and one basket....) 

Here's Tumbling Doggies. 


This quilt measures 38.5" x 40". 
Made and quilted by Bonnie (that's me!) 
Quilting Design Squiggle Wiggle Edge to Edge by My Creative Stitches
Thread So Fine 504 - a light grey


Take a look at the backing and the cool black and white stripe binding.  I found the backing at JoAnns at a Fourth of July sale -- Whoop! 50% off. 


Generally, a small quilt like this would go to one of the NICUs my guild support. But I really like this one.  I think it is going into a bag for the possible future great-grand children. (It's years away as my oldest grandchild is only 11.)  And, I strongly suspect there is another Tumbling Doggies in my future. 

I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures.  All of them look great on my computer.  But when I uploaded them to Blogger they have gotten "mushy." You can enlarge them by clicking on them but I'm not sure they will look much better.  

I'm linking up with these parties: 


Enjoy some surfing time! 

Happy Quilting All.  Bonnie 


9 comments:

  1. It’s adorable! The photos were clear when I clicked to enlarge - not mushy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the doggie finish! I did a few dog/cat theme tumbler quilts...they always turn out so cute! Great find 9and price!) on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your doggies and agree, it's a keeper! I love the scrappy colors, and the backing is a great find. I think your photos are just fine.
    My favorite thread is So Fine #503!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I love that St Bernard right at the top center--great!!! Super backing and binding. Your photos don't look mushy to me. Have you ever tried enlarging them to extra-large, when composing your blog post? That's what I do on most of mine--better detailing. And then no one has to click on the photo to enlarge it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that the Accuquilt 4" tumbler? I too have used a lot of that stripe black and white, it makes great bindings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found a photography spot in the new sunroom, Bonnie. Adorable little quilt finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tumbling Doggies is so cute! I love the idea of saving it for future great grandkids - that will be so sweet for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Makes me want to make another tumbler quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.