Do you ever wait to the very last minute to finish a project? You know, the one you are sewing binding on on Christmas Eve? Well that was me this week when I decided I was going to make an October runner in bright and light greens. I knew I wanted to use an Accuquilt die. I knew I wasn't going to make it huge. I even had a fabric I liked for the back (and actually used on the front too.)
On the left is what I first came up with. I cut out rectangles and played with them. I finally came up with what is shown below. Thursday I threw it on Ruthie and quilted two rows on it. That night I hand stitched the binding to the back. Today it was time for pictures...but it has been pouring rain nearly the whole day. I decided I'd take pictures in the "sun" room sans sun. And, surprise! It worked pretty well.
And the back. Oops, that color is so wrong! The back is the same fabric as between the turquoise strips.
|And the scary.|