Sunday, October 31, 2021

Monday Meanderings 11 - 1 - 2021

I've been down in my studio for most of every day over the week.  And, I've gotten quite a bit of "stuff" done and finished.  I'll share at least one finish on Friday.  

Although a lot of things were completed that weren't on the goal list, almost everything on list was accomplished.  

10/25/2021

Bind zebra quilt

Continue sewing turquoise blocks together

Quilt another top 

Cut out new quilt --

I realized it made much more sense to finish some of the tops I'm working on rather than cutting out a new quilt! 

Make the October Table Runner in green 

Cut sashing for 16 patch stars 


Here's a pic of the Zebra quilt still on Ruthie. The strips of fabric on the sides were ideas for binding.  Instead I used some of the backing fabric. This will be a cozy kid's quilt with the flannel backing and binding. 


And this coming week -- 


11/1/2021

Make the rest of the turquoise blocks; sew into top

Finish quilting Dinosaur quilt 

Sash the 16 patch stars

Make some string blocks 

Do a bit of shopping (not fabric shopping!) 


Here's why I'm not doing any fabric shopping this week.  I hit one of JoAnn Fabrics sales and bought enough fabric for 3 backings. The second one down has already been seamed and loaded on Ruthie. Hopefully I'll finish the dinosaur quilt this week. I hope to get at least one more of my tops quilted this month plus another Zebra panel and whatever customer quilts come in (I have 3 already. Hopefully, that will be all.)  

Backing fabrics. 

That's it for me today.  I'll be linking up with the following parties.  I hope you can spend some time checking out these blogs.

Oh Scrap

Monday Making 

Design Wall Monday 

To Do Tuesday 


Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 




6 comments:

  1. Wow you are trucking right along! Love that zebra quilt on Ruthie. Hope you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices on the backing fabrics from Joann’s. The little zebra quilt is adorable and cheerful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest Zebra ever. He/She would be a perfect LGBTQ poster child with all the rainbow stripes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That zebra panel is so cute!! I live so close to JoAnns that I am always being pulled over there for a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had another productive week and looks like another one is planned for this week. Such a sweet Zebra quilt and great haul. Also loved your tablerunner in the last post. The fabrics were gorgeous. .Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.