Friday, March 11, 2022

A Finish Is Coming

 ... But not yet!  I've finished another quilt on Ruthie, the long arm, today.  It won't be finished for a couple of more days but it is definitely in the works.  Here's a sneak peek.  

The quilting design is called Sally by the Seashore by My Creative Stitches.  It's another really involved design.  On this approximately 50" quilt it took more than 25 minutes.  There's lots of backstitching and it really fills the area.  It is perfect for this quilt though. 

I've recently gotten a new laptop -- a MacBook Pro.  My old laptop was about 9 years old and could hardly do anything anymore. It's taking me forever to figure every thing out.  My latest discovery was "Markup" in the Photo application.  I was using a really old watermarking app on the old computer and I couldn't find anything that seemed reasonable to me in the Apple App Store.  Then I did a search on marking up photos. Well, what do you know?  There was a fairly easy way to add text to photos.  So that's how I got my blog info on the photo above. 

I did download a free photo collage maker so I may try to use that every once in a while.  It's always fun to stretch the brain.  

Have you found Wordle yet?  I am a big fan of word games and this one really keeps the brain working.  It is all the rage among my friends of Facebook. The premise is you have 5 tries to guess a 5 letter word.  You type in a word and Wordle lets you know if it isn't in the word, it's in the word but not in the right place or whether it's in the word and in the correct position.  Sometimes I do well (3 tries) sometimes it's 6.  I almost always get it in the end.  Here's the results of today's challenge.

Wordle 265 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got this one in 4 tries.  What helps is seeing the listing of letters where it shows which ones are not in the word as you keep trying.  I haven't figured out the best strategy yet but I will at some point.  

I'm keeping this short(ish) tonight.  I've been busy most of the day.  There's snow in the forecast tomorrow -- I hope it isn't the model that is calling for 9".  If there's that much snow we might lose power and I need to sew the binding on Marine Looking Glass tomorrow. 

I'm linking up with the following great parties: 
Beauties Pageant 

You know the drill:  Spend some time checking out these great linky parties.  You can get more ideas -- new quilts, new fabrics and other fun things.  

I'm ready to call it a night -- and then go read for a bit. Hopefully snow won't be falling in the morning. 

Happy Quilting All  -- Bonnie 

8 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics and colors in that peek, and the quilting looks wonderful. I am waiting for a rear handlebar setup for my Simply Sixteen to try to use pantographs - I'm eager to try it out!
    I play Wordle when I remember it - it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really get into word games and not my thing but I know a lot of people are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inquiring minds want to know how much snow did you wake up to? I like the quilting on this quilt!! I have not tried Wordle but have seen it advertised a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my friends play Wordle, but I haven’t tried it. I like the look of Sally but the Seashore on your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is looking lovely! Wordle can be challenging, but I like it a lot. Best of luck figuring out your new computer, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MasterMind with the alphabet! I love this logic game and look forward to playing it every evening. Tonight will be my 50th game/win.

    I didn't find the conversion from a 'regular' laptop to my MacBook Pro as intuitive as everyone assured me it would be, but I've adapted. Good luck as you wander your way through yours!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. The seaside quilting motif does work really well with the rest of the quilt. Good look with the transfer to the MacBook, I don't know if I could make that kind of change at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.