Sunday, March 6, 2022

Monday Meanderings 3 - 7 - 202

What a busy week this has been for me.  I shouldn't have been surprised since I gave myself 7 items on my to do list which is way more than the 4 or 5 I usually give myself.  The best news from my point of view is I actually made some progress on all of the goals.  Shocking, but I was highly motivated this week.  

2/28/2022

✅Make more red Spider blocks, Ombre blocks  

✅Bind Grape quilt -- you can go here to see the finished quilt

✅Cut pieces for “cupcake” blocks — Some are done more to do

✅Finish sewing Looking Glass quilt together - done, make backing fabric — in process 



✅Work on SAHRR - a little done but this is going to the back burner for now

✅Start on March’s UFO Challenge Quilt - Easy Breezy blocks to top 

Making backing for the little dog quilt, load and quilt 


I pulled out the Easy Breezy blocks. I had 35 done and want to lay them out in a 6 x 7 grid.  So first up is make 7 more blocks. 


I decided to see how a churn dash block will look with my SAHRR feathered star.  I like my sample block so eventually I'll get enough made to make another full border. But I have too many things to do that have deadlines to finish it now. Hopefully I won't bury it again. 


The little dog quilt has been quilted.  Eventually I'll trim and bind it but not this week. 


Here's what's up this coming week


3/7/2022

Quilt customer quilt

Quilt and bind Marine Looking Glass 

Make labels & sleeves for 3 quilts going to the Faithful Circle Quilters show

Make 7 more Easy Breezy blocks; make blocks for FCQ Equilter this month

Make March block from Sherri McConnell’s BOM


I finally took a picture of the two wide back fabrics I bought at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt show.  The white will be used to piece with. (I never put white on the back of a quilt.  Do you?) The fun rainbow circles is going to be used on 2 rainbow scrap challenge tops and one top I made in rainbow colors.  I don't know when I'll get to them but hopefully at least one this month. 



When I was watering my plants this month I noticed one lone flower on my Christmas Cactus.  What a surprise.  It bloomed profusely between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I figured it was done for awhile. When I took this picture I notice one other very early bud and 3 even earlier buds. I may have a beautiful display in a few weeks.  Maybe I should have taken this photo from a different angle so you can see how big this bloom is. 

I'll try to remember to take more pictures if it decides to give me more blooms. As much as I like to keep up my indoors plant I don't do much outdoors. I'd like to but the heat of our summers just takes too much out of me. (Or at least that's my excuse!) 


I'm ready to call it a night.  So, please remember to go to one of these Linky parties to access a lot of wonderful quilt blogs.  It so fun to surf the web to see what people are up to. 


One last bit of info. I finally used up my first spool of thread this year.  Since I switched to using a cone of thread for most of my piecing I haven't been using as many spools.  Thanks to needing navy blue thread for the Marine Looking Glass border I was able to use a large spool up. Whoop! 


Have quilting all!  Bonnie (ready to go read a book and get some sleep.) 








13 comments:

  1. You got lots done! Isn't it wonderful when we are highly motivated :) Looking forward to seeing how you go this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that rainbow circles print..ideal for your rainbow quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used that rainbow concentric circles on a client quilt--Elle's quilt. I've used it on my own quilt in the past, too--it's very versatile. Your Looking Glass quilt is very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that backing fabric and used one something like that on a quilt last year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I adore Looking Glass! I like the design and the white sashing, but the fabric placement is perfect. I don’t use white or light fabrics for backing: they just don’t look right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off," wrote Gladys Taber. You've gone beyond contentment to -- nirvana? Great progress! (And I like the swirly backing fabric--it goes with almost everything.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on getting all of the items on the list checked off. Your Looking Glass quilt looks fabulous, Bonnie. Such a pretty Christmas Cactus too. Have a very lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome that you made progress on all of your "To Do" list!!! I really like your Looking Glass quilt!
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rainbow circles backing. I've never used white on the back of a quilt either. What a lovely surprise about the Christmas cactus flower! Hope you have a great rest of the week!
    Here's an early Thank You for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I take it you get as excited as I do when using up a spool? I'm slowly moving to cones so yeah, less exciting moments but when you do use one, it means thousands of yards! (I generally have to share this accomplishment with friends and family! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The first quilt you pictured is so very pretty! I love how it highlights the fabrics! I’ve used white flannel as a backing recently and was pleasantly surprised with how beautiful it came out after my LAQ worked her magic on it. I purchased a bolt of it from my LQS 60% off and really wanted to use it up. Your rainbow circle fabric is so fun! I’m sure it will look beautiful however you decide to use it!
    What a beautiful photo of your Christmas Cactus! You certainly were highly motivated and accomplished so much! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don’t think I have ever used white as a backing! Love those rainbow circles though! Hope your motivation continues!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking Glass turned out beautifully! Congrats on making lots of progress on your to do list last week. Hopefully this week has been as good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.