Saturday, January 28, 2023

1 - 28 - 2023 Stashbusting Efforts 2022

I have my December 2022 and the full year stashbusting stats to share today. (Yep, I tend to forget to figure out the numbers until the next month is nearly gone.) Just as a reminder, I do not count fabric used until a quilt is quilted and bound.  So, I have lots of tops done and too many projects in progress.  Part of the reason I use finished quilts as my benchmark is it forces me to finish the project. 

Here's my December fabric usage statistics. 

2022

Fabric In Month

Fabric In Year

Fabric Out 

Month

Fabric Out Year

Total In or Out Year



Dec

14.875

120.875

17.75

140

19.125


And yes, this shows I used more fabric than I brought in. In fact, over the last two years I have used more than I brought in. I'm doing a little happy dance over here. I've kept statistics since 2010 but I'm more interested in recent years.  

I have only bought one yard of fabric in January so I am hoping I'll be at least even on ins and outs this month. 

Ruthie, the long arm, needs some replacements so I haven't quilted anything on her this month.  I'm hoping the repair work will be done early in February so I can crank her up and get some quilts finished. 

During the last week of December I kept plugging away and I got two quilts done.  Here's Alycia's Stop Tossing that was presented as a mystery on the Mystery Quilts 4 Veterans group.  I decided to work with my purples as I had a lot of them.  I actually really like this pattern and how it was made.  Thank you Alycia for providing this mystery to us. 


I'm always looking for a good location to take quilt pictures.  This was behind a local high school. The quilt was too long to show the long way. Here it is in all its glory sideways.  I doubt this will go to a veteran but it will be given away.  I was a little worried about my colors but in the end, I love it! I think the only fabric I bought for this one was the background white and the backing.  


Quilting Design -- Radiate Edge to Edge from My Creative Stitches. 
Thread -- Sew Fine 499 purple 
Size -- 55 x 75.5"

Last picture is it on a bed showing the backing also. 

The backing is a wide back from Connecting Threads called Connected Stars in purple.  I used some of it for the binding also. 

My last picture today is of January's clue for Melodic Mystery.  I'm looking forward to February as we will be putting the quilt together then.  I like the format of one clue a month.  I've been able to keep up with no problem. Another quilt where I could use stash fabric.  I purchased the background and the pink fabric. (I don't think the background was in my stash but it might have been.) 

I've got to get going today so here's the details of the linky parties I'll be joining.

That's it for me today.  I agreed to help move some music from a falling apart file cabinet to a new one. Hopefully they'll be enough people so it won't take too long,  I have projects to work on in the studio.

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie










7 comments:

  1. Neat quilt. I really like the layout and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your quilt! Your blocks remind me of violets with the yellow centers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors, congrats on a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt! Purple is my favorite color, and always looks great with yellow. Congrats on a nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish! Beautiful, I love the cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt, the colors, the pattern - and the backing is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lime green border for Stop Tossing really makes the blocks pop! Great design. When I first made my stash accounting "rules" I only counted fabric out for quilted/bound projects. Then I realized that though I am uncomfortable having many WIPS, I can live with flimsies for a long time. So now I count "fabric out" when it gets to the flimsy stage. Them's my rules and I'm sticking to 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.