Sunday, January 1, 2023

Monday Meanderings 1 - 2 - 23

 It's a New Year 

Welcome 2023

We didn't make it to midnight on New Year's Eve --no doubt we were snoring away when the year changed. I spent New Year's Day making Merry Mayhem's Mystery Quilt Case #147 "Let's Face It."  Monday, Jan 2 we'll be glued to the tv watching the Rose Parade followed by the Cotton Bowl where our alma mater Univ. of Southern California with be playing Tulane. Fight On! 

Now, let's look at my goals for the last week of December. 

12/26/22

✅✅Quilt and bind two of my quilts — Both done before the end of 2022! 

✅Pick a new hand project to work on — Ready to start stitching. 

✅Decide on 12 UFOs to work on for the 2023 UFO Challenge — need one or two more. 

Start sewing border on Talking Turkey -- barely but started - 2 of 4 sides sewn together.   


Now on to this week's goals.  

1/2/2023

Sew 'Let’s Face It' mystery together

Keep working on the border of Talking Turkey 

Finish APQ's 2023 UFO Challenge Sheet and start on the UFO for January

Make List of Tops ready to quilt

Start on the 2023 Quilting Life mystery quilts


I neglected to take many pictures this week.  So, here's the one picture I did get.  This is my version of 'Let's Face It.' My goal was to use a lot of my floral fat quarters.  All of the bricks have some purple in them but they aren't all florals. I have made a nice dent in the fat quarter box. (If you want to make one you might be able to download the pattern from Merry Mayhem's website for the next few days.)



That's it for today.  I'm linking up with the following parties. 

Oh Scrap

Design Wall Monday 

To Do Tuesday (new hostess!) 


I think I now have 3 finished quilts that I haven't shared with everyone.  Maybe I'll post the one finished in November this week sometime. (Notice I didn't say. I'd post it for sure... who knows what will be going on this week!) 


Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 






9 comments:

  1. Nice job on completing the mystery. I forgot all about the clues being released today. I didn’t make it to midnight either, but then I rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Let's Face It quilt is pretty, I like the purples. Looking forward to seeing your finishes.
    We were waked up by the fireworks - does that tell you anything?
    Your USC coach is our former OU Sooners coach. We are still smarting from his departure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you purple colors. I don't watch the parades on tv anymore - I used to, football I rarely watch but don't mind a really good game now and then - I'm not a sports person

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mystery quilt looks like a great scrap buster, I'll have to go check it out. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like so much fun to work on a mystery quilt over New Year's! Yours is pretty with all the purples. Happy New Year, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I'll be interested in seeing how the mystery quilt turns out. Inventorying is a the first step to getting stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie! Happy New Year! We didn't make it to midnight, either. The Mayhem quilt is so pretty with all those different purples. That would be a great scrappy quilt, too. Thanks for the link - I'll check it out. (Not that I need another project . . . HAHA!) {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. The purple really grabbed my eye. I am planning to make a dent in my turquoise and blue fat quarters stash with the camping quilt for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the purples in this quilt top! thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Have fun sewing this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.