Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Melodic Mystery Top Finish!

This is the first time I've done one of Cheryl's mysteries at Meadow Mist Designs.  Need I say I'm now a big fan?  

I talked my quilting buddy, Sharon, into joining me.  Every month we got on FaceTime and chatted as we got the clue done.  It was a great reason to get together.  And, we each got wonderful quilt tops done.  Mine won't become a quilt for a while as my long arm is being repaired.  Even when it comes back I have quite a few quilts with backings ready to be quilted. 

Here's a few pictures showing the quilt in process. (I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the fabrics before they were cut. Nor one of all the pieces cut. Sigh.) 



One of the cool things about doing this quilt is half the fabric came from my stash.  I bought the light magenta and a bit more of the background fabric. 


This top will be living in the to-be-quilted closet for a while.  Here's the note I've attached to it so I know what to buy when I get the backing fabric. 


I'm looking forward to the next Meadow Mist Mystery.  

Here are the parties I'm linking up with: 

MidWeek Makers 

Wednesday Wait Loss

Needle and Thread Thursday 

Melodic Mystery Link Up Page

I'll be linking up the other pages as they become available.

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie

10 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices! Cheryl's quilt alongs are one of my favorites. She gives such clear directions and makes selecting the fabrics easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt - love the colors! You were smart to put a note on it - oh how I wish I had done that with some of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great one!!! your colors are SO pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty one, Bonnie! I love the purple and green together. Sounds like fun to sew along with a friend on Facetime, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabrics! So pretty. And oh so cool that most of this came from your stash! I hope your longarm is repaired quickly so this pretty little thing can get finished because I can't wait to see it. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I haven’t participated in a mystery challenge in several years, but I usually enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my favorite colors!! It is a beauty, nice work Bonnie! You are clever to add the info to it before you store it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful, Bonnie! I love your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty quilt, Bonnie!!! Love your colors!!! And I'm looking forward to your longarm getting back in action and seeing more quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Melodic Mystery sings! (And how appropriate for you.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.