Sunday, October 29, 2023

Monday Meandering 10 - 30 - 2023

 Good bye October! Hello November. Except we've been having summer weather here. It was in the 80s over the last few days. On Halloween the 80s give way to the low 50s. Yikes. Back to sweater weather. 

We had the two younger grands overnight Saturday.  We took them on a Ghost Walk in downtown Fredericksburg.  I'm not sure how much they got out of it because it was more about historic people (now ghosts.) We learned that Clara Barton was working in F-Burg during the Civil War.  She treated both Union and Confederate soldiers from a local church.  After the tour we went to a restaurant for pizza. And then stopped for Frostys on the way home.  We were really tired but had a great time. 

Needless to say Pat and I were pretty tired today.  I didn't do all that much on my quilting.  I did wash some fabric and then did some ironing. I also trimmed a quilt but didn't do anything about the binding. Overall I felt I did really well on my goals this week though. 

10/23/23

✅Sew some rows of Ombre Log Cabin together -  6 out of 13 diagonal rows are together

✅Finish trimming units and ✅make blocks for Malted Mystery - done! 

✅Work on Grands’ Christmas ornaments - making weekly progress 

✅Continue sewing Christmas present quilt together - 3 long columns done 

Have fun with grands this weekend - we enjoyed it and they seemed to have fun too although they kept saying it wasn't scary at all.


I finally finished all the trimming and block making for the Malted Mystery. I'm ready for the November clue. 




Here's what I'll be working on this week. Hopefully I can get all these things done.

10/30/23

Finish 3 Flower Song blocks

Sew more ombré log cabin rows together 

Continue on Christmas present quilt 

Sew on ornaments 

Maybe quilt a little quilt? 


When I was figuring out this week's goals list I decided to look back at previous goals to see if there was one I could add. I like to have a variety of projects to keep me interested.  So I added the Flower Song blocks.  We'll see how I do. 

I'm sending several Happy Blocks to Cynthia who blogs at Oh Scrap!  She is collecting blocks and making compassion quilts. The Happy Blocks quilts will be going to kids.  You can find the directions here


We've added some more color to outside of our house.  We couldn't get any mums last week so enjoy our marigolds and pumpkins. (Hum, I wonder if they will live through the cold weather this week!) 




Yep, small pumpkins -- we waited too long. Oh well. Hopefully we buy a plant and few pumpkins earlier. 

The bannister on the steps down is new too.  We don't understand why it wasn't included with the house originally.  We live in a 55+ community.  There are a lot of houses that did not have bannisters on their front steps.  






I hope you can spend some time surfing the Web by checking out these Linky Parties. I hope to have some time to do some surfing too. 


I leave you with what I noticed across from our parking place when we were going to work out last week. EEEK! 

Happy Halloween All! 

Happy Quilting.  Bonnie 


11 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween. Lol, that car is too funny! Good luck with your sewing " to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Halloween car! That's nice there is a bit of step outside the railing to set your pumpkin/plant on. Good luck on this week's goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your colors for the Malted Mystery. I still need to finish up all the flying geese, hopefully I can get that done before Thursday. Good luck with your to do list this week. Love the car, some people do such fun stuff for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny car. Sounds like you had a good night with the grands

    ReplyDelete
  5. The time with the grands sounds wonderful! The new quilt is so pretty! It makes me think of my Aunt who had her room lavender and light green....

    ReplyDelete
  6. A ghost walk sounds so cool!!! What a fun thing to do!!
    your Malted Mystery is so pretty - love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ghost walk with the grands sounds fun! Love the colors in your Malted Mystery, too - and pretty blocks. It's fun to see all the creative Halloween decorations around town. You never know what you might see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all those green checks on your list -- good for you! Halloween decor can be so clever. Like you, we have a potted flower and two pumpkins. Sunny and chilly here today -- I'll have to bundle up for this afternoon's walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I visit your blog, I admire your organization and accomplishment towards your goals. I am not that way but more what the mood strikes me choosing several of the projects under way. You have motivated me to make some of those blocks for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty blocks. Enjoy your Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aah a historical ghost walk what a wonderful activity to enjoy with the grandchildren. I bet it was very interesting. Your Malted Mystery is looking fabulous. I hope you have a very lovely week. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.