Sunday, December 17, 2023

Monday Meandering 12 - 18 - 2023

Have you checked out a book today with a two week check out period?  I haven't yet but I know what the due date will be: Jan 1, 2024.  Yes, we are 2 weeks from next year!  That doesn't mean I am completely ready for Christmas, a week away; but I think my plans will get me to the big day with little problems. Let's go straight to the goals lists.  First last week's list. 

12/11/23

✅Quilt and bind small quilt — no binding yet.

✅Sing with carol group - done. 

✅Quilt customer top - done and returned. 

Finish ornament(s?) — I stitched a little on the one left to finish.

✅Wash, dry and fold some fabric — several batches were done but I agreed to take two more boxes. And returned a box. 

✅Make more placemats — at least 2 were done.

Make more happy blocks — oops. Didn’t get anymore done.


Not a bad week. Mostly this week was spent quilting.  First up was finishing up one of my small quilts.  It's pretty wild.  



I don't remember where I got this fabric from. I think it must be from a group of fabrics I purchased used from a quilter.  I think I used a built in stipple to quilt it. As soon as it was off the frame I put on Nancy's quilt. 



She made one similar to this one using some of the same fabrics with the cute alphabet.  She chose Squiggle Wiggle for the quilting design.  It adds to the fun of the animals.  I forgot to take a pic of the full quilt.  If I'm lucky she'll bring it to the quilt guild meeting this week so I'll get a picture of the finished quilt. 


Next up are pics of some of the placemats I've made recently. These will be turned in at the meeting also. First up is one I made from a new pattern -- Easy Mitered Placemats by Karen Montgomery of The Quilt Company. It worked really well and is easy so more will be coming. (There is a specific ruler to make it really easy but I was able to figure it out using my Olfa ruler.) 



And I finally made the companion to the snowman mat shown here. Here's the penguin.  Darn he is cute.  Maybe I should make two for my youngest grands? 



And, now, here's what I hope to do this week. (Some I better do or they won't be ready for gifting next Monday!)


12/18/23

Sing at Mall and a private gig Friday

Make more placemats

Attend guild dinner 

Wrap presents 

Wash, dry and fold some more fabric

Quilt a small quilt 


Yep, a smaller group of Spotsylvanians are still singing this week.  Much of the music will come from our show but we'll also being doing some sing alongs at each gig. 


I'm still trying to get more of my own tops done. I went wild buying fabric in November so it's time to use it.  Most likely I can get a small one done but preparing for Christmas comes first. I've been so focused on getting things done in my studio I haven't been reading quite as much.  Yep, I'm still getting a half hour in every day though.  I've read 608 days in a row according to my Kindle. And, wait there's more! I've read every week for 282 weeks! Let's see what that is in years? It's 5.4 years. Yep, I am a dedicated reader! 


Here are the Linky parties links. Go check them out!  

Oh Scrap

Stitching Stuff at Life in Pieces

Design Wall Monday

Sew and Tell


I'll be surfing the Web a bit over the next few days.  But Christmas prep has to take priority. And, I've been thinking about what I'll be doing in 2024.  I know I'm going to try the 15 Minutes Stitching every day. I'm debating whether I'll continue the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I enjoy making the blocks especially if I pick an easy one. I'll be thinking about what else I want to do during 2024.  What are you planning on doing? 


Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


 


8 comments:

  1. That penguin placemat is really cute! Very fun too. I need to do Christmas cards and finish wrapping, that's on my agenda for today. I've been thinking about my goals for the last month or so and finally wrote them out over the weekend. Fingers crossed there are more finishes next year, along with some fun starts. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe I haven't sewn for 5 days!! Oh that penguin is just as adorable as can be. Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The penguin placemat is adorable and will go nicely with the snowman one!!! I am looking forward to doing the MQAL with Alycia for QOV in January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your penguin placemats! Where did you find the penguin design? I might need to make some of those! Have a great week, enjoy all the singing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally loving this post! from the wavy quilting to the penguin placemat! Now I want to make penguin placemats...squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just caught up with your recent posts. Busy days and happy ones. Hope all your Christmas preparations are accomplished to your satisfaction and without undue stress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice use of Squiggle Wiggle!!! Love the penguin placemat! You got a lot done last week, Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. somehow your blog bookmark got deleted...but have added it again....love the penguin...i made one for my mom last year....wishing you a merry sewing christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.