Sunday, January 28, 2024

Monday Meanderings 1 -- 29 -- 2024

I'm not really much of a football fan but I do end up watching some of the teams from where we used to live. (Actually, it's generally Pat who watches and I look up every once and a while...) We were both disappointed that the Baltimore Ravens didn't win AFC championship.  Bummer!  I actually turned the game on in my studio but turned off the sound.  Maybe next year. 

At least I was working on one of my goals during the game. Here's what I got done. 

1/22/24

✅Work on secret project — a couple of more blocks finished

✅Start on Malted Mystery January clue — almost done, need to correct a triangle and sew small borders on 

✅Continue appliqué quilt — all 9 blocks now have triangles on.

Finish cutting out brick quilt — nothing done! 

Make more RSC Bow Tie blocks — 2 more done


This week I'll be repeating a lot of these items.


1/29/24

Work on secret project

Make more blocks for FCQ Equilter of the months

Finish January Malted Mystery Clue

Make a few more RSC Bow Tie blocks 

Finish cutting out brick quilt


Sharon and I FaceTimed today while we worked on the January Malted Mystery clue.  The clue was to put the center section together.  I ran into a couple of problems and didn't finish the whole clue.  Do you see my mistake? I've got a safety pin near the triangle I have to fix.  Then I need to sew on two narrow borders.  Hopefully I'll get it done this week. 


Here are my green bow tie blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I've already picked out a couple more greens for more bowties. As of February red will be the color.  I guess I'll look for some red fabrics too. 


Despite having several days with lots of non-sewing activities I've continued my 15 minutes of stitching every day. I should be able to continue my 15 minutes every day for several more weeks.  But, maybe not vacation days coming up in March. 
  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Jan = 28/28 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 28/28 days
  • Success rate = 100%
We spent a lot of time at a car dealership this week.  My poor 10 year old car was unreliable.  We replaced the battery three times over the last year. But when Pat charged it to 100% and two days later it was at zero, we decided it was time to get me a new one. We did look at an electric vehicle but I didn't want something that "complicated." We already have a hybrid but I just couldn't see myself having to stop at a charging station when I drove to retreats or to friend's houses out of state. 

In the end we decided on a Subaru Forester. (My old car was an Outback.) Technology just keeps moving a head. My old car had quite a bit of technology but the new one has even more.  Luckily, the dealership hires someone to teach us about all of that technology.  Hopefully I can remember it. Next week I'll let you know anything that seems really out there to me. 

You know the drill: please go check out some of these Linky parties to see what quilters are up to this week. 

I'm ready to do some net surfing.

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

11 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are still meeting your 15 minutes goal;) Malted Mystery is looking good despite the one triangle misplaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to make a Christmas wreath quilt from the bow ties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good progress on your quilts. My daughter got rid of her electric car when it proved next to impossible to find charging stations when she was traveling - there are not enough of them and unreliable as so many are not working when you need them she found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Malted Mystery is coming along nicely. Love your colors! Choosing a new car can be daunting. My husband has finally given up "choosing" for me, because he always gravitates towards something NOT practical for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the Malted Mystery! Very pretty! Car shopping is painful but once you get all the decisions aside, it is fun to learn all the new perks you will find now and won't be able to live without! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Malted Mystery progress looks great, Bonnie - such pretty colors! Too bad about the oops - hope it doesn't take too much unsewing to fix. I love your green bowties, too. I'm a big fan of bowtie blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bowties as RSC is a great idea, Bonnie!!! I look forward to hearing more about your new car! We tend to drive ours until they just can't go anymore, which sounds about like what happened to you. Sounds like you picked another one out pretty quick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Malted Mystery! Great contrast of colors. Hope your having lots of fun on the secret project. Lots of progress! You go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done well on your to do list and congrats on the 100% stitching time. it's always fun to see how long you can maintain the 100%, at some point it just becomes impossible. Your Malted Mystery is going together nicely, love your color scheme. Yes, the technology has gotten so advanced on the cars. I have an Outback and have to find the owner's manual to reset the menus everything they clean the battery terminals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're an inspiration. I seem to stay up on my quilting goals all through the winter months but when spring arrives I'm outside and I get behind. I guess gardening and fresh air take priority with me although I do have a heart for quilting. I enjoy seeing what other quilters are doing, it's very encouraging.
    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your malted mystery quilt is gorgeous! I know you'll have the boo-boo fixed in no time! The green bow-tie blocks are great too! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.