Friday, January 12, 2024

A Finish or Two!

Between Christmas and now I've quilted 4 quilts.  Today I'm showing two of them. The third one hasn't been bound yet. Um, yes it has I just forgot to take pictures! So it will wait.  The fourth one hasn't been bound yet! 

First up Snoopy and Charlie Brown.  I found the Charlie and Snoopy squares in a box marked squares (!) a few months ago.  I don't remember how or where I got them but it was time to put them to use.   I found some red and blue 4 patches and the fabric that went with them to help make the quilt. I took the supplies to the October retreat and put it together there. Want to see some of the steps in getting this one to a quilt?  Check out these posts: 10/2 and 10/9.  Here it is just coming off the long arm.


The quilting pattern is Rhapsody Leaf by My Creative Stitches. The design also comes with puppy paws which you'll see later this month.  


Next up is Coffee Break.  I like to let a fun fabric do the hard work of making a great quilt.  And this crazy coffee fabric fit that bill. So I added some "loud" fabric and came up with this one. 


I used a computerized stipple called Classic Stipple by Apricot Moon.  The picture below shows a little closeup of the quilt and the bird house Pat made last summer. We haven't noticed any birds living in it yet.  Hopefully we'll have some this coming spring and summer. 

This quilt will also be donated through Virginia Star Quilt Guild but it will be going to our local senior center.  


When we took these pictures this afternoon I forgot the third quilt I've finished.  So one of these days I'll get a picture of it and share. And, another quilt is on the long arm.  I have 9 or 10 quilts lined up with backing so there will be a lot more finishes over the next few months.  But I keep making new tops so there will be more than those finished this year. 

Please visit these Linky parties to see what quilters from around the world are working on now. 
Beauties Pageant 

We are hoping to be able to celebrate Christmas with our son's family Saturday.  We'll see whether we can as both he and I have been exposed to Covid this week. I tested negative on Thursday and I'll test again Saturday morning.  Fun times, eh? 

I realized that I failed to post my Mysteries and Stitch Alongs.  I'll try to get that finished on Sunday.  There are quite a few good opportunities if you are looking for something new to make. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 


4 comments:

  1. You have hit the new year full steam ahead! What a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are bold and bright! Congrats on 2 finishes already in the new year. Sounds like you are geared up and going on more finishes for 2024. Sorry about the Covid exposure. It certainly seems there is a lot of it around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you have been very delayed for celebrating Christmas hope you can soon,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for finishes, whether photographed or not!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.