Sunday, February 18, 2024

Monday Meandering -- 2/19/2024

 


Presidents Day Cupcakes! 

Or at least that is what I'm calling them. I'm taking some to my regular Monday stitching group.  We don't plan for treats but almost every week someone (or several someones) bring something.  I'll see if anyone else brings something too. And, whether I will have any leftovers! 

Here's last week's list. I got most of the items done. 

2/12/24

✅Work on Malted Mystery Feb Clue — just need to add three small borders.

👎🏼Trim appliqué blocks; pick fabric for setting the blocks — nope. Stashed them away and can’t find them!  They will turn up one of these days. 

✅Cut out green, black floral, & black and white 3 yard quilt -- Done but not as originally planned. 

✅Make a couple of placemats -- finished two more.

Look at star quilt — I have a plan! 


Here are the fabrics I used for my 3 yard quilt. I had planned to use one of Fabric Cafe's pattern but I didn't read it carefully so I changed my plans a bit. I'll be sewing this in a few weeks.  Nann, who blogs at With Strings Attached , sent me a surprise package of fabric including the big floral print.  Hum, that chartreuse Kona is not as yellow as it shows here.  I'll be sharing the finished top in a few weeks. 


I was happy to figure out I can use some decorator fabric for the placemats I'm making. This piece is actually an upholstery fabric that I dipped in hot water to try to soften it up a bit. I've cut walker bags from the fabric and this was a left over piece.  The backing fabric is another one from Nann.  It was a perfect fit for the front. 



Here's what I'll be working on this week. 

2/19/24

Quilt and bind two baby quilts

Make some FCQ Equilter blocks

Work on Happy Blocks

Finish Feb Malted Mystery clue

Update Accuquilt Dies in app and online 


I did get another block made for the Dec/January Equilter.  Pat asked for Disappearing 9 Patches.  I made most of the blocks several weeks ago.  But I wanted one more and kept postponing making it.  So this afternoon I got it done and I'll be shipping them out to her in the next few days. (Not Monday -- it's a federal holiday.) 


My 15 Minutes to Stitch has been going very well.  Most days I get a lot more time than just the 15 minutes.  

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Feb = 11/29 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 49/49 days
  • Success rate = 100%

I will confess to getting a lot of reading time too.  I've just started the audio version of Canary Girls by Jennifer Chiaverini. Two hours in and I'm hooked on it.  I would recommend it to readers (or listeners) who enjoy historical fiction. I'm looking forward to spending some more time with it.


Please check out these Linky parties:

Oh Scrap

Life in Pieces Stitching Stuff

Design Wall Monday

Monday Musings


I had a good time last week reading blogs. It's fun to see what people are working on these days. 


Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


4 comments:

  1. You had a good week on the stitching front. Your fabric pull for your next project is so fun, love that bright green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the sewing goals! The new block is very pretty! But I love the new placemat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the photo of the fabric first and thought, "I recognize that!" LOL. Glad it's finally found a use. Like the Fiesta plate for those colorful cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the three yard quilt fabrics.
    You really are doing well on getting sewing done every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.