Sunday, March 31, 2024

Monday Meanderings 3 - 31 - 2024

I'm back!  I missed last week because I was traveling and didn't want to drag my computer with me.  So over the next few weeks I'll share our family vacation to Panama and Costa Rica.  Just let me say we had a fabulous time. Our family included our son and his family and our daughter and her family, and us.  There were 10 of us although for a few days Pat and I were in Panama City by ourselves.  I'll be sharing some photos over the next few weeks.  

It was hard to figure out what I was doing before we left.  Here's the last goals list I posted on March 18th. 

3/18/2024

✅Finish another loom hat -- Done and turned into From the Heart.

Bind Spider Web quilt -- Started but not finished.

✅Bind 16 patch r,w,b quilt -- Done!

Bind Zigzag quilt. — Didn’t happen. 

Work on needlepoint scissors case -- Needlepoint part finished.


I made three loom hats over the weeks before we left. I turned those in before I left. 


Here's a picture of the needlepoint scissors case I've been working on since 2017. These come as kits and use embroidery floss instead wool. The designs are already made into the finished project, in this case a scissors case. You can see the excess canvas on the side and bottom.  I'll line mine at some point.  I need to see if I have some fabric I can use.  I'll keep you posted! 



Here's what I think I'll be working on this week.  I am not sure what I should be doing except the quilting for my neighbor. We'll see if I make progress on all fronts. 

4/1

Finish binding on Spider Web quilt

Bind ZigZag quilt

Clean up sewing table 

Make miscellaneous blocks 

Start knitting new hat 

Quilt customer top 


I don't have pictures of several quilts I've finished since the beginning of the year. Sadly it's suppose to rain for the next few days. Eventually I will get photos and share them. 


Even though I was gone for a week and a half I did get some stitching done during our vacation. So here's where I stand for the last two weeks of 15 Minutes to Stitch. I decided to continue the weekly reports so here are the last two weeks.  


Week Ending  3/24/2024

  • 15 minute days/week = 5/7 days
  • 15 minute days/March 21/24 days 
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 80/84 days
  • Success rate =95.2%
And for the Week Ending 3/31/2024
  • 15 minute days/week = 3/7 days
  • 15 minute days/March 25/31 days 
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 84/91 days
  • Success rate = 92.3%
Even though we were gone 10 days I was able to stitch on my needlepoint case several days, four days and at least 15 minutes, if not more.  

On to my travelog! Pat and I spent 2 days in Panama City.  We had a private tour of Old Town and some of the outlying areas.  First up is a pic of the tourists and a statue of Thomas Herrera. In November, 1840 he became the president of the State of Isthmus (now Panama) for a little over a year. Prior to this time Panama was part of Columbia and went back to being part of Columbia after that until 1903. 


Old Town, Panama has numerous old churches we were able to visit.  One was the Church of Saint Joseph. Although it is known for its beautiful Golden Altar I was taken with this piece of art.  I believe it was made with pottery and is displayed on the left side of the church.  You can learn more about this church and its beautiful altar at Famous Historic Buildings.


We had lunch at an outdoor area near a big fish market.  The area was pretty large and several different restaurants were operating there. From what I could tell one restaurant had the first three rows of tables, then there was another one with some rows and at least one other with another group of tables.  At the beginning of the rows there were staff from each restaurant trying to get the customer to sit in their section. Our guide said the restaurants served similar food.  We all enjoyed our lunch. 


I'll continue to share our trip but tonight I'm worn out.  We flew overnight Saturday and arrived at home at 6:00 am Sunday. I was able to get a couple of hours sleep on the plane and about 4 hours on Sunday. 

I'm linking with these parties. 

Goodnight All! 

**addendum -- evidently I was really tired... the date should be 4 - 1 - 2024 but I'm not messing with it now.  Sigh. **

Happy Quilting!  Bonnie 


11 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Looks as though you had a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the vacation was a lot of fun. Congrats on finding time to stitch while you were traveling, that's hard to do. Your scissor case looks like a good size for travel stitching. Good luck with this week's goals. Hopefully you can catch up on your rest this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! How did you choose Panama and Costa Rica?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago, I talked with a maintenance manager in one of my company's manufacturing plants, who planned to retire in Costa Rica. I had an itch to see that country. And Panama was a layover, from flying on Copa Airlines, so we stayed there two nights on the way to Costa Rica. Fun trip with our two children and their families!

      Delete
  4. My question exactly: why Panama and Costa Rica?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun and interesting trip! Hope getting home feels as good as getting away did. Looking forward to seeing your quilt finishes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute scissors case! And the travel adventures look fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great travel adventure, Bonnie. I love your scissors case. The purple and green together is awesome!! Have fun with your goals for the week. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for trip pics! Sounds wonderful. There is always a lag after travel; have a relaxing time easing back into your normal! The needle case is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trip! Can't wait to hear/see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun to have a family trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.