Thursday, August 1, 2024

August 2024 Mysteries and Sew Alongs

While I was researching mysteries and quilt alongs I found a You Tube video from Quilted Forest for their Summer Mystery Quilt 2024.  There are weekly videos that are all available now. While watching the 6 videos for this year’s Summer Mystery, I realized they’ve been doing them at various times of the year since 2021. So there are a lot from which to choose. You can screen shot the directions for each section or take notes. (That’s what she said on the video!) But it would be easier if you join the Quilted Forest Friends Facebook Page and download the directions from the Files. I really liked this year’s Summer Mystery.  The video sample was done in Halloween fabrics. Too cute! And I loved the fact that she appeared to make the entire clue in the time the video played. Of course, I realize it would take us way longer to do each clue. Take a look and see if the quilt strikes your fancy. You can find the videos by typing in ‘Quilted Forest Mystery Quilt Summer 2024” in the You Tube search box, then choose Clue 1.  Make sure it says Summer Mystery 2024.  


You can also take a look at their other offerings. They have quite a few other mysteries along with series on using 2.5" strips and one on 5" squares.  I watched their latest one on 2.5" strips and wanted to share it. Here's a link to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quMc-xutLK4.   If for some reason that doesn't come up just type in Quilted Forest Tutorials and look for the one called Simple Block Using Partial Seam and 2.5" Strips. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try one of these soon.  


The Fat Quarter Shop recently announced the Home Town Holiday Sampler Quilt and Stitch Along. This starts in September. It uses Lori Holt’s instructions called Home Town Holiday Sampler that is available as a downloadable pattern. I’m not sure it the cross stitch version is included. https://blog.fatquartershop.com/announcing-home-town-holiday-sampler-quilt-and-stitch-along/ $


Star of Wonder Mystery Quilt and Cross Stitch Along started at the Fat Quarter Shop at the beginning of July. Here’s the link to the blog post about the Stitch Along: https://blog.fatquartershop.com/stitch-and-sew-star-of-wonder-with-us/. And here’s the link to the downloadable directions: https://www.fatquartershop.com/sew-alongs/star-of-wonder?sscid=71k8_tdnex.  The last instructions were posted on July 30. Do you want to see a picture of Sara's?  She blogs at My Sewing Room and shared a wonderful version that's almost done.  You can see it here.  I may have to give this one a try. What's nice about the Fat Quarter Shop is they have a lot of free patterns and mysteries and sew alongs.  From what I've noticed they leave them up on their site for a long time. 


Hopefully you will find a project that will tickle your fancy.  My head is spinning with ideas to use the block shared by Quilted Forest. 


Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing all of the searching work to find these for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on Quilted Forest videos! I’m eager to watch he videos about the 2.5” strips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some very fun mysteries that I definitely shouldn't check out. I have way to many as it is. But all these look like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.