Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday Finishes! 8 - 23

Are you in shock?  I am!  But it's dawned on me that I haven't shared many of my quilts that have been finished this year.  So I thought I'd start showing some on Fridays.  

First up is a Happy Quilt. (I started using Mary's pattern (who shares lots of quilt patterns at MaryQuilts.com. Scroll down the right hand side until you come to Happy Quilts. There are several from which to choose.)  I have donated this one to my guild for community outreach. 

I used a red and white pillow ticking for the binding.  Many of these blocks came from my FCQ Equilters several years ago.  The quilting design is called Squiggle Wiggle from MyCreativeStitches.net




I also finished the doll quilt I shared here and gave it to my local guild.  Scroll toward the bottom.  I forgot to measure it or take pictures until I was about to turn it in.  I took a quick picture on the floor so I could share it.

When I find other leftover little blocks I think I'll make some more doll quilts. They are fast and easy -- or at least this one was.  

Next up -- I finished recording my fabric usage statistics for June and July.  And, I'm really jazzed with the results!  (Which may save me once August is done and my big fabric acquisition numbers get added in!) 


2024

Fabric In Month

Fabric In Year

Fabric Out 

Month

Fabric Out Year

Total In or Out Year

June

1.75

41.5

20.5

87.875

46.375

July

5.00

46.5

9.0

96.85

50.35

Would you look at that? I've used 50 yards more than I've brought in during 2024! Yee Haw!  🎉🎉🎉  Hopefully I'll get August done early in September. (Don't hold your breath! It's looking like it will be a busy month.) 

I'm linking up with the following Linky parties: Take some time to see what quilters across the world are working on: Midweek Makers,  Needle and Thread Thursdayand Finished or Not Fridays

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie



5 comments:

  1. Your quilts are both very happy, so aptly named block. Congrats on the fabric stats for 2024! It's always nice to be in the black. Fingers crossed August doesn't dim the stats too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of FUN fabrics in the quilt. Great job on using more fabric than obtaining it! That’s a big accomplishment in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the Happy Quilt pattern into a real happy quilt!! Love the bright colors, some child will be happily wrapped in a quilty hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I just love all the bright and happy colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.