One was tracking the snow melting by the elephant on the patio. This photo was taken a few days ago. We can now see his base although there are many inches on the ground still. I think the sun must have warmed him up & the snow surrounding him melted. A big rain is coming this weekend so maybe the snow will go when the rain goes. Of course, when we get off our little mountain there is much less snow. There were just patches of it on I-84 as I drove to the library yesterday.
Wednesday was my regular stitching group. Here is some great eye candy to share. This quilt was made by Marie while she was visiting her sister in the west. She made it in a week, including two pillowcases. All is done by machine. You can find the pattern in the April, 2010 American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.
These pillowcases make me want to do some cute matching pillowcases for our guest bedrooms. It will be fun to see how Marie quilts this one.
Ada won this as a kit at the guild's Quilter's Day Out last fall. She did some swapping of colors (she added those great greens). She was looking for ideas on how to finish it cause she didn't like the directions. We voted for a simple 1 1/2" border & then the larger border. The pattern showed some horizontal strips at the top and bottom but they really didn't add any thing except inches. If ya know what I mean!
I am still hardly working (as opposed to working hard) on A Tisket, A Tasket. I have the most involved block almost ready for stitching. The block has three black-eyed susans in the basket. Each flower has six or so pieces to applique. I've been avoiding it like the plague. I gave myself a stern lecture and said if I leave it for the last I'll never finish it. Surprisingly enough, I listened to myself! So I've almost got the little pieces ready to go. I'll work on it one of these nights and then start stitching.
Wednesday night I had a great lesson on applique by Linda M. Poole. I'll share the little project with you later. And, it was really appropriate since I am working on the A Tisket, A Tasket blocks.
I'm off to the studio to see if I can make some progress on Mystery for Relays Mystery #13. It is called Super, Duper Easy & will be given tomorrow. I hope it is that easy too. I've picked the main, dark color. I've picked a lighter background color. I need to cut those and then I get to pull scraps for the mediums. I love using those scraps up! I could also sew mystery 12 blocks together but I doubt I'll get to those. There's always a lot of variety in the studio.