I promised a picture of the quilt top I finished last week. Here is what I did with the Mysteries for Relay #13, also called Super Duper Easy. Well, basically it was easy but no one said how time consuming.
Unfortunately I don't have all the great wall space that the Poconos house had so the best I could do with this photo is spread it out on the bed and take a photo. I finished the star points half with the same dark points throughout the quilt and half in beige with a dark border. The corners where the light and dark meet are half square triangles.
I am ready to quilt it but I don't have any pieces of backing big enough (well that aren't 6 yards of fabric that I don't want to use on this quilt.) I'm going to reevaluate the stash and see if I can find two pieces of fabric I could put together to make a backing. And, I think I'll look into triangle method of making a backing -- basically cut your fabric diagonally and then bring the top triangle down until you have the correct width/length. It means working on bias but I sure don't want to buy more fabric after my wild January.
Here's another Sophie picture from a couple of weeks ago. (Hey, I haven't been doing a great job on quilting photos but I don't mind sharing Sophie.) I almost had a picture of Raggs laying in the bookshelves last night but he moved when I got my camera. Drat.
I finished the borders on the baby quilt but it will probably be given to a different charity as it is black mostly and that just doesn't make it as a baby quilt if you ask me! Didn't sew the last few days as I had a small group of ladies from the neighborhood over for tea and a craft. I showed them how to make a card using rubber stamps. They loved it so we'll probably do it again next month. I'll share the card fronts with you after V day.
I'm off to the Y now. Happy Quilting All.