Here's Super Duper Easy Mystery from March, 2010. (Yep, knocking something off my UFO list!) Check the sidebar for a link to Mysteries for Relay if you want to join in the mystery fun. I tried some new things on this quilt -- a new pattern from one of Dawn Ramirez's Pajama Quilters DVD and non-regulated stitching. Yikes. That unregulated stitching is going to take some practice but it goes faster. I'm down to the bottom row so today I hope to finish the quilting on it.
These blocks are for an opportunity quilt for Country Piecemakers Guild. I made a booboo on cutting the background and there wasn't enough to enable me to finish the block. Sigh. Darned if I didn't make the same mistake on the second one but only once. Double Sigh!
Did you see the super moon Saturday night? It appeared 14% bigger and 30% brighter than the smallest full moons, according to Space.com. Friends outside of DC were complaining they couldn't get decent shots of it because of city lights. So, I went out and snapped a few photos with my little point and shoot. Heck, not too bad!
And, as always on Monday, my goal evaluation:
• Quilt Super Duper Easy -- Well on its way!
• Make newest mystery for relay quilt.... mystery day is Thursday. See above -- sewing rows together
• Make Some Star Blocks one
• Sew 4 Pillow Case kits up. one (got to get out the serger for these... they'll look better.)
• Sew 2 blocks for the guild opportunity quilt one and 3/4
• Make some double bowtie blocks yeah, man, about 8 are done
• Make a couple of chunky churn dash blocks. Ok -- one or two
• Pull weeds in the garden every day... (Ha, not my favorite thing to do but maybe I could have some success if I publicly announce my good intentions!) Oh yes! not every day but many days I pulled. Of course, they keep popping up.
Little Snoopy Dancing for being diligent and working on what I set as my goals. Woop! Woop!
This week's goals:
• Finish Super Duper Easy (heck the binding is ready to be put on.)
• Sew rows together on current mystery and plan borders (nope, borders are not always included in these mysteries...)
• Keep working on the double bow ties... I only need 16.
• Quilt the Valentine Quilt and finish it up!
• Keep making chunky churn dash blocks. Design the quilt top so I don't make too many blocks!
• Non quilt goal -- dust house and vacuum all the floors in the downstairs. (Hey, it worked for weeds, maybe it will work for cleaning!)
Remember, it's design wall Monday -- head over to Patchwork Times to see what's on other quilter's walls.