Thursday, December 1, 2011

November Stash Report EEK!

I finally measured all the fabric I bought at the guild auction.  I didn't realize I would be so very lucky ??? to get so much fabric for a mere $31. And once I blew my numbers sky high I decided to support the buy local event the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Where did I go?  To a local quilt store. Might as well! 


Month of November 

Fabric used:  3.125 yards
Fabric purchased (acquired):  87.375 yards  oh my!
Net fabric ADDED to stash: 84.253 yards   OH DOUBLE MY! 
YEAR To Date 
Year to date fabric used: 64.5 yards
Year to date fabric purchased: 179.625yards
Net Year to Date Acquired : 115.125 yards

Ok, so maybe next year I should skip the guild auction held in November.  I ended up with more than 85 yards of fabric, not including the non-cottons.  Well, except I think one other piece is a mixture of fabric and will make something really cute for Sophia.  (Note to self -- measure and delete that amount from the incoming fabric...) 

You might have noticed I got very little done in the way of finished projects this month.  I actually finished a twin size quilt but most of the blocks were sent to me from the FCQ Equilter group.  I don't count them coming in or going out.  They sent me so many that I didn't have any of my own blocks in the quilt.  I counted the 2 yards used for the backing and binding.  I bought it last month at Mary Jo's.  It was a fat back that I counted as 2 yards in, so only 2 yards out.  I knew I would use it up fairly fast. Sigh.  I should have at least one or two finishes in December even if they aren't very big.  

I'm up at Jenny's house to watch Sophie while Jenny's at a rehearsal for her horn quartet. Her Daddy is out of town.  Sophie and I were playing peek a boo before she went to bed... 

    Where's Sophie?                                                            Here I am! 


Happy Sophia! 
These were taken with my cell phone so not great quality but we were having a great time.  Then it was off to bed with a healthy set of lungs letting me know I wasn't Mommy.  But, she soon gave in and grabbed Ducky.  She sat up looking around for 15 or 20 minutes and all of a sudden she was down and out.  I love the new video monitors available now.  It's fun to see what she is doing in her bed. 

I'm off to do a little bit of stitching on my "secret" project.  I am hoping to have it almost finished by the end of the weekend.  Happy Quilting All! 



3 comments:

  1. Sophie is just adorable. She warmed my heart this morning!! And really after adding all that fabric, my my is all I can say :) It does take a lot to sort through it, wash it, fold organize....with almost 90 yards. What an incredible deal at $31.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Sophie is cute playing "peek-a-boo." I love that sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie's a cutie and deserves you making her something special from your stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.