Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Airplanes and More

I failed to take a picture of my airplane quilt.  Rats! On Saturday it went to St. Francis NICU to be used as needed.  Here's a picture of one block and the quilting. 
I used Dave's Airplane edge to edge.  It you look at the nose of the yellow plane you'll see the tail of the quilted plane. It's a rounded looking plane. The wing goes to the left and down from the engine. See the hook to the left of the yellow plane's tail?  That's the other wing which also makes the cockpit.  Very stylized but I liked it on the quilt.  I used Superior's Omni thread in silver.  I don't remember which batting I used but I know it was a leftover piece. 

So the last pictures of our DC trip are from the Air and Space Museum. (Yesterday's pictures were from the National Museum of American History.)  


Dadaaaadumm... yes, it is the Enterprise from Star Trek.  Recently we've found a station that runs Star Trek episodes every evening.  We've gotten hooked.  (And  we really don't watch much television.)  Looking back at the program it is amazing how simple and pretty crazy the sets, costumes and lands were.  But I'm enjoying them way too much. 

I have no idea why this balloon was displayed.  I just thought it was interesting.  This is the last of my DC trip photos.  I didn't even get a photo of lunch with our son. He works up the street from the Mall so we try to go when he is free for lunch.  We met at the National  Museum of the American Indian. The lunch was great but like all museum food it was expensive.  I'm sure we'll plan another trip to DC in the fall.  Even though we went in late May there were tons of tour buses of teens and lots of families.  Maybe the fall will be less crowded. 

Here's today's (and all the other) links to 12 Days of Christmas in July posts. 


Wednesday, July 18th

Karrin @ Karrin's Crazy World
Marian @ Seams To Be Sew

Thursday, July 19th

Christina @ Christina's Handicrafts
Sherry @ Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc.
Danice @ Homespun Hannah

Friday, July 20th

Kristi @ Confessions of A Fabric Addict
Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts

Saturday, July 21st

Cindy @ Stitchin' At Home
Meloney @ Mel's Quilting Blog

Sunday, July 22nd

Anja @ Anja Quilts
Moira @ Quilted Snail

Monday, July 23rd

Brenda @ Songbird Designs
Amy @ Sea of Estrogen
Bonnie @ In Stitches With Bonnie

Tuesday, July 24th

Kathy @ Kathy's Kwilts and More
Summer @ Summer Lee Quilts

Wednesday, July 25th

Susan @ Quilt Fabrication
Brandy @ Pampered Pettit
Jean @ All Points of the Compass

Days gone by but you can still check out these posts!
Saturday, July 14th

Selina @ Selina Quilts

Sunday, July 15th


Monday, July 16th

Jamie @ L'Fair Quilts

Tuesday, July 17th

Sharon @ Vrooman's Quilts

I'm linking up with Midweek Makers, just in case you want to have even more inspiration from the Internet! 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

3 comments:

  1. Star Trek is truly a classic. It would be fun to see the episodes again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the entire quilt was just as cute as that one block! Bright, fun colors and the quilting design is obviously the perfect choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilting on your airplane quilt, it's got just the right amount of whimsy. I can watch the original Star Trek on Netflix, it was my favorite show when I was a kid. It's pretty amazing how advanced special effects are now. Of course when I was watching it all we had was a black and white TV, so I'm sure that hid a a few things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.