Monday, January 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday 1-3-11


This is the result from the Fabricholics Anonymous' New Year's Eve Mystery.  Actually, this was as of Saturday morning.  Yesterday I added a 4 patch border.  I'll be taking pics of it soon.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  In fact, I'm so happy I'm keeping this one.  I'll take a picture of the finished top shortly. Don't forget to visit Judy's blog to do some Monday morning blog hopping to see every one's design walls. 


Christmas Pineapple -- a finished UFO started during 1997 appx.  And, boy do I like it now.  There really is something about finishing a UFO that is so satisfying -- especially if it turns out you LOVE it! 

 Bowties II.  I have used another group of bowtie blocks to make this donation quilt.  For the longest time I made bow tie blocks if I didn't have a specific leader/ender project.  Now, I'm trying to put some of the blocks into quilts.  I may have one more quilt worth of blocks.   Unfortunately they aren't bright like these are.  These two quilts were the last ones I did in December. 

Today's Plans 
• Pick the 5 quilts I'd like to make from my books and patterns and list them somewhere.
• Make 2 kits for Baby Quilt Sew In on Saturday.  
• Put the last strip on the Trip Around the World.  Determine if it needs to be bigger.  
• Pick next UFO.
• Prep triangles for current scrap quilt. 
• Sign up for UFO challenges. 

Way more to do than I really need but I want to get each of those things done -- sooner than later.  

As we get back into our normal routines remember to have fun sewing! 
Happy Quilting! 



8 comments:

  1. Wow, you create one beautiful quilt after another. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! Love the pineapples...I remember when you were debating about the border. Your mystery turned out great...I have seen a couple tops posted in blogland and it's amazing how each one looks so different. Love the bowties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border on the pineapple quilt turned out perfect. I love the wrap around effect on the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful quilts and nice bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. l-o-v-e the pineapple quilt!
    and the bowties and your newyears mystery--wow and it's only the 3rd of January!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great projects. The New Years Mystery is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the New Year's mystery. Wish I had done it this year! I should print out the pattern before I forget how much I love it :) YOu picked out great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great that you got the mystery quilt top done! I followed along but didn't sew one stitch. Love the colors/fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.