Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday Meanderings

Another finish! 
And a great big One Monthly Goal Score. I had planned to just get this to top stage.  But, I did that so early in the month that I kept going.  I finished the binding about 10 on Sunday night.  (please note, I usually don't get things done well in advance but I did this time!) 

Butterfly close up. I used metallic thread on the "curl."

Close up of the quilting in progress. There were a lot of thread ends to tie off and bury. This is already hanging in the great room.

Do you know about Sew It's for Sale?  It is a yahoo group dedicated to the selling and buying of sewing related items.  You can check it out and join here. I've bought several items over the past year.  And, I've sold a few things too.  You contact the seller directly and make arrangements.  Sometimes the sellers list really reasonable prices and sometimes you think, "Um, no.  Too expensive." Below is my most recent purchase. 
These three fabrics are KPKids by South Seas Imports. I think they are 10+ years old but will work well with kids quilts.  A bit over 4 yards. Total cost including shipping was $18.  Not a bad deal although sometimes prices are even lower.  I'm not sure what I'll be using this for but they will become either a quilt or a pillowcase (and maybe both!)  Do you buy or sell fabric or other sewing related items  online?  What group do you use and do you like it? 

Last week's goals -- not a bad completion rate. 
August 21, 2017
Finish quilting geese and floral wallhanging
Quilt floral wallhanging completely finished
Finish Christmas TAW to top stage
Find backing for Streak of Lightening oops!
Keep hand quilting Civil War Quiltsomeday I’ll finish this!

And this week's goals: 
August 28, 2017
Spend a couple of days with the grands
Keep hand quilting Civil War Quilt
Bind geese & floral wallhanging
Make some fabric boxes
Find backing for Streak of Lightening & quilt it

That's it for me today.  I'm linking up with my favorite Monday linky parties: Monday Making, Moving It Forward, Main Crush Monday and Oh Scrap. And because I've finished my OMG I'll be linking to Elm Street Quilts finished linky party. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

10 comments:

  1. What a cute finish! I love all the cute bugs. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wall hanging is adorable! I have my own set of the same wall hangings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wall hanging! It's giving me an idea how to make a flimsey I'm not fond of into something I could love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I'm thrilled you found this project when it was hiding from you.

    I've never heard of Sew It's for Sale. I'm off to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on exceeding your goal and getting to a finish. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project! Congrats on getting it done and surpassing your goal :)

    I use eBay to buy most of my fabric and thread, and Amazon for most of my notions and batting. I rarely sell anything, though. I'll go check out the link for Sew It's For Sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a very pretty finish. Seems both you and I had butterflies to keep us company with our stitching last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cheerful perennial garden! When I sell fabric on a re-sale site I price it cheaply because I know that shipping is very expensive. (But one woman decided not to complete a purchase saying she wasn't going to pay as much for postage as for the fabric. Hmmm.....lady, if I charged twice as much for the fabric then the postage would be, comparatively, much cheaper!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute and such a labor of love - love all the details :-) Congratulations on the fabulous finish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.