Sunday, January 17, 2021

Monday Meandering 1 - 18 - 20021

It's another Monday and time to announce my goals for the coming week and review how I did last week.  

So how did I do last week?  Fabulously actually -- or at least I think so!  Here's the list: 

1/11/2021

Finished Glorified 9 patches✔️ and sewed them together.

Continue hand quilting on Christmas Quilt✔️

Finish Cheese and Cracker to top stage✔️

Begin cutting Ohio Stars R, W, B quilt  nope, didn't get anything done on this


And here's what I am going to work on this week:  


11/18/2021

Work on T Shirt Quilt: embroidery and star blocks 

Continue hand quilting on Christmas Quilt

Begin cutting Ohio Stars R, W, B quilt


I'm only listing three items as I really need to make progress on the T shirt quilt.  I've had several weeks of doing my own projects.  It's time to get the T shirt quilt to top stage.  That means I need to embroider a name on the upper border, make some friendship stars to go above the embroidered name and on the bottom to bring the quilt to twin size.  I have to decide how I'll put the borders on: sides first or top/bottom. I won't make the decision until I get the embroidery done and make the stars.  I expect that will take a lot of my time this week. 


I'm happy to report I really am making progress on the hand quilting.  I figure I have about 24" more of the border to do times 8!  I don't know why I chose a design that has 8 lines of quilting in the border.  So, yes, big progress but I still have quite a bit to do.  I'm hoping to get all the quilting done in the next two weeks.  


Here's something I did off list.  Do you read Kat and Cat blog? Kat runs a charity called Covered in Love, (CIL).  She describes CIL as a quilting charity that provides comfort quilts to patients who pass away in the hospital. It started small with 8 quilts and has now given away over 700 quilts.  Kat has block drives to help her with this project.  Right now there is a string drive going.  You can find the directions here. She's looking for string blocks done mostly with one color and a pop of a second color.  You'll have to send an email to Kat to get the address to know where to send your finished blocks.  Here's the three blocks I'm sending.  


Later this week I hope to show one of the tops I finished last week.  I am still deciding on whether to add a border to my glorified 9 patch blocks. 


On to the linky parties.  Please spend some time checking out these parties: Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, and To Do Tuesday.  (Hopefully I'll remember to link my post to To Do Tuesday.  I forgot last weeks!  Oops.) 


Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

9 comments:

  1. Love those strings! I do find then therapeutic to make and they end up so pretty. I read Cat's blog also. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great progress last week - great idea with strings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The “pop” of color in the string blocks is an intriguing idea - something I need to remember. Good luck with this week’s goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on that list! Love the colors in the string blocks. I have never made a string block...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The string blocks are great with the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your string blocks with pop colors! Great job on your to-do list, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. those are great string blocks! Think you've just tossed a squirrel my way... I, too, have a t-shirt quilt in my 2021 future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie! I would NEVER remember to link up my post on Tuesday after I posted it on Monday. Never in a million years. I have the same issue with the monthly OMG post sometimes especially when I have it finished early. Seeing your CiL blocks reminds me that I sent some out and never took pictures of them. I think it's a fun idea having the strings in the same color except for the center stripe. I'll bet those quilts end up being very popular. I've never made a whole quilt of string blocks but have made a few blocks (only for Kat, actually). Great job on your list from last week and good luck with this week's. Thanks for linking up this week! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of making string blocks to send to be made into charity quilts. I wish I had the time to do some too but I just took on another online admin job and have lots of training calls right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.