Monday, August 23, 2021

Monday Meanderings 8 - 23 - 2021

I've taken two weeks off -- although I did get a post up yesterday about finishing my Positivity quilt.   I didn't have anything to post for the last two Fridays.  Last week my granddaughter was visiting Sunday through Wednesday evening.  We had so much fun together although I was exhausted each night.  I had her doing a little sewing on my Featherweight, we made some bead bracelets, we played dolls together, went swimming and looked at all the boxes marked "dolls" in my closet.  

I have way too many dolls!  The last box we went through had another box in it marked "Grandma Ruth's dolls."  That would be Ellie's great, great grandmother.  When we opened the box -- ugh -- there were heads rolling. There was a wig, probably made with human hair. There were some bald dolls.  I picked up one and the arms fell off.  Neither of us were very excited about that box!  I will have to figure out if it makes sense to repair any of the dolls. My grandmother loved dolls and made me lots of doll clothes for various dolls she gave me.  It was fun to visit them.  

Dolls from left to right: My Friend Jenny (my daughter Jenny's doll), Rose (Ellie's American Girl doll), and Kit (my AG doll that I won in the late 90s or early 2000s.) Ellie has a great imagination and made up stories about what the dolls were doing.  



Needless to say I got little quilting done last week.  But I did get a dress made for Ellie.  She picked the pattern and the fabric. (Hey, I was excited she picked fabric from my stash for her dress!) I have been very good not buying fabric this month although I would have for Ellie.💙 I should have a good amount of fabric used by the end of the month.

Here's how I did on my goals from 2 weeks ago.  (I may have completed some during the last 2 weeks.) 

8/16/21

Finish knit baby blanket - close but not quite done.

Make more Ombre Log Cabin blocks

Have fun with Ellie 

Finish quilt on long arm — ugh.  Long Arm problems still 1 more row to do.


8/23/21

Finish Blue basket 

Begin aqua table runner 

Work on Ombre blocks 

Finish knitting baby blanket 

Mail Verdant Serenity to Ca. 


Hopefully I'll finish a couple of projects on my list this week.  And, wow, there isn't much time left in August and I haven't even started this month's table runner. (I think I've picked out the block though!) Where has this month gone? 


I'm linking up with most of my regular linky parties: Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, and To Do Tuesday.  Spend some time surfing to see what everyone is working on.  


Do you know of some upcoming Quilt Alongs or Mystery Quilts?  I've been trying to pass along some web sites for QAL and Mysteries to my guild.  If you know of some starting in Sept or Oct please share the info.  Here are a few I know of: 


All the Trimmings  Mystery Quilt and Stitch Along at the the Fat Quarter Shop starts on September 7.  Link to beginning of All the Trimmings.


Starting later in September is the Snowman Sew Along by Jacquelynne Steves. 


Well bummer -- this one doesn't start until October but sign ups are already full.  It is a Murder Mystery Quilt -- sew the quilt to solve the crime.  I believe there is a cost for this one but it does sound fun.  If this sounds like something you might be interested in you can sign up for the 2022 one beginning on Halloween, 2021. 


As I said above -- if you know of others please share!  Thanks. 


Happy Quilting All.  Bonnie  












7 comments:

  1. Ellie is adorable in that dress; perhaps she needs a couple more, made from stash. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable granddaughter.....and adorable dress. What fun to have her pick out the fabric and then wear the completed dress. Enjoy your time together, they grow up so fast. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time well spent with your granddaughter...you will both always treasure it! As I have discovered, 'the quilting will wait patiently for you to return' LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute!! Grand daughters trump quilting every time!! I know what you mean about tired. After a day with my grand kids, I am ready for bed when they go to bed! It is so much fun but quite tiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress for Ellie! My daughter (and I) used to play with her American Girl dolls! I even made them matching outfits once. Now they’ve been passed down to a granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elle picked well, the dress looks so cute on her. Glad you got to have a fun week with her, sounds like you hit lots of high points during her visit.

    Meadow Mist Designs has a mystery that technically started this month with the cutting instructions, but the first clue for the blocks doesn't come out till the first week in September. It's one clue a month, so it wouldn't be too late to jump in on her Macaron Mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! I love the dress you made for your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.