Tuesday, April 12, 2022

To Do Tuesday . . .

Instead of Monday Meanderings, yesterday I had a special request.  With Mari's approval, I requested some quilts be sent to Cool Kids Campaign in North Carolina during the Hands 2 Help challenge.  You can read about it here.  

First up let's look at last week's Goals list: 

4/4/22

Put borders on Stop Tossing — made the border but haven’t cut it to size or applied it

✅Finish borders on Easy Breezy Blocks 

Make more Spider Web blocks (ok just 1 but at least it's progress)

✅Start putting Improv blocks together

Quilt top for Leashes of Valor 


And for this week: 

4/11/22

Work on a secret project

Continue on Improv top

Make more RSC blocks 

Make April block from Sherri McConnell’s BOM


Here's where I am on the Improv blocks.  I made most squares last year. Now I'm sewing them into strips. 


I am using Kelly Young's pattern "Precarious" from her first book, Stash Statement. These are the second group of squares that will need to be sewn together.  Notice those clips on all but the purple stash?  I realized I hadn't made all the squares I needed. I clipped the squares together that had the correct count and left the others unclipped until the correct number of blocks were done.  I'm still debating the grey fabric.  It seems to me I should use what I have on hand since I have more than enough of it. 



Today's blog is short and to the point.  I'm moving right on to Linky parties.  I hope you'll spend some time checking them out. 



That secret project is calling my name.  

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 



9 comments:

  1. I pulled sashing fabric for the project in the May UFO bag. I decided to use what I have on hand. I’ve been buying too much fabric lately. Have a great week of stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Kelly's first book, too, and had to pull it out to see which one you're working on. And I had it marked to make, too. I might need to get back on that! Have fun with secret project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book, too -- and every time I peruse it I think of rainbow blocks I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so admire the colour co-ordination of the scraps. Looks like you are making good progress.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your improv blocks and can't wait to see the quilt that you are making. I also always love coming to your blog. The photo at the top is one of my favorites and makes me yearn for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great book for working with scraps. And looks like you have put it to good use already. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those panels will look great against the gray! I like your colors too.
    Thank you for sharing your post with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your improv blocks! What a great way to use up scraps. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.