Friday, April 29, 2022

A Winner and a Finish

First the winner of the free digital pattern, Synergy, from Preeti. And the winner is Nancy who blogs at Wyoming Breezes! Congratulations. Enjoy your Synergy pattern from Sew Preeti Quilts

Yes, I have another finish.  Truth: I finished it last month -- I just didn't get the photo shoot done.  I took it with me when I did the Synergy photo shoot and took a few pictures of it too. So, with not further ado, here is Dogs and 9 Patches.


Here's a bit of the back and the front. 


I bought the backing while at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show.  It was on a 4 yard bolt for a reasonable price.  My guess is it was an old fabric but it was perfect for this quilt back and it was new to me. Only draw back is I have nearly 3 yards left. (Bonus for either piecing or another smaller quilt!) 

And this last picture shows the rock that Synergy completely covered.  


Dogs and 9 Patches came from Even More Quilts for Baby: Easy as A B C by Ursula Reikes.  The copyright date is 2000.  Yes, it's old but I love this book.  In this third book of the Quilts for Baby series Ursula shared 20 quilts.  This one is actually called Nine Patch.  Part of the reason I love all 3 of Ursula's books is they are easy to make baby size quilts but if you want bigger quilts it isn't hard to make them bigger.  And, yes I own all three of the books and continue to use them to make quilts. I can't count how many quilts I've made from these three books. 

The quilting design is Puppy Paws from Urban Elements.  As usual, I used So Fine thread.

I probably will send this quilt to Cool Kids Clubhouse in North Carolina as part of Hands 2 Help.  You can read more about this great organization here.  How are you doing on your quilts for Hands 2 Help?  It's about time for me to pick which quilts are going there and get them in the mail. I'm sure they would appreciate it if you sent a few quilts there also. 

Today I am linking up with 

Needle and Thread Thursday   

Beauties Pageant 

Finished or Not Fridays 

I'm looking forward to some quiet surfing time this weekend as I finish another quilt.  I hope you can sneak a peek at some of these Linky parties to see what's new. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to enter the drawing for the Synergy pattern. It will be fun to select fabric from my stash to make the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - I am crazy about nine-patch quilts, and the fabrics you used are wonderful. I'm sure one of the Cool Kids will love this quilt.
    I love older quilting books and actually prefer them to newer ones. Thanks to you I just ordered one of the baby quilt books and a Christmas book by Ursula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remind me I need to dig out some from the closet and get them quilted for this event! I borrowed one of her books from the guild library years ago and yes I loved her book for the simplicity but yet they turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That puppy quilt is the cutest!! Classic! What a cute backing fabric you scored, too!!! Love the puppy paws quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.