Saturday, November 26, 2022

Finally -- Pictures Were Taken!

I finally got pictures of the quilt I finished in October.  I used Kelly Young's book Stash Statement for the pattern. I tried to sew the panels in the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I'm so happy with it! Thank you Kelly for such an inspiring book. 

I used Random Clams quilting design by Jessica Schick. 

Thread - Superior 504, a light grey.

Finished size is 54 x 65". 

The solid grey is Kona. 


The backing fabric is a wideback from Connecting Threads, called Sprinkles.  (I keep my eyes peeled for sales on wide backs at CT.) 


I have to admit that all of these colorful bits and pieces used in this quilt did not make a dent in my scraps.  Hum, I wonder if I should make another quilt from the book?  Maybe, maybe not.  Time will tell.  Heaven knows I have a lot of unfinished tops and a slew of unquilted tops.


We had to go to Meadows Farms in Spotsylvania today so I grabbed the quilt in case I could find some photo ops.  Most of the plants have been moved out, replaced with a lot of Christmas trees. It looked like a good setting but you can't really tell the trees are firs.  I was hoping they might have some daffodil bulbs still but nope.  I keep talking about planting some bulbs in the planting area I can see from my sewing machine.  Evidently not this year.  I am not a gardener but I do like cut flowers and seeing flowers from the walkout basement where my studio is. 

I'm linking up with the following parties. I hope you have some time this weekend to do a little Internet surfing. 
I'm done for tonight. Tomorrow I hope to finish quilting a top and get the binding on.  I just might be able to get another smaller top quilted and bound before the end of the month. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous RSC finish, Bonnie!! That pattern is one of my favorites in Kelly's book. Maybe that's what I should do with my stash of single-color crumb blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a beautiful colorful quilt! I love all the little scrappy pieces, and they look great with the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautifully, Bonnie! I love to shop at CT for backings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish, awesome use of scraps !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! I'd call that quilt Balancing Act! I'm with you on trying to finish quilts up and yet .... why do new projects keep calling my name ... and yours too? Hope you have a peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful quilt, Bonnie! Such a creative way to use crumb blocks. I have always been interested in making that one out of Kelly's book, too. And I just ordered some Sprinkles from CT for backings myself! It looks perfect for rainbow quilts. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great finish, so glad you got photos to inspire us with our scraps;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous finish Bonnie - I love everything about it! That is a pretty outdoor photo but my favorite is that cozy one on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish! I've used this design many times for crumb donation quilts and I never tire of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh , I'm so jealous to see your Precarious quilt done. I have that one to the flimsy stage. I want to straight line quilt it. Across the width. I can't afford to hire it done, so time intensive. And I haven't been brave enough to do it on my domestic machine. I need to put on my big girl panties and just do it!!!!
    You have inspired me!!!!! 2023 for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A bright and beautiful rainbow quilt! It is true that scraps bins never empty. Mine never do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very nice finish Bonnie! I have yet to do a rainbow scrap challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.