Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1800's Quilt Finished

I finally finished the 1800's quilt from Moda Bake Shop.  Each square is 3/4".  Yikes, I found my intersections weren't quite as accurate as I expect them to be.  Can't see any problems now.  This was a quilt along at Small Quilts Chat over on yahoo groups.  The quilt as shown at the Bake Shop didn't have a border.  But I wanted it a little bit bigger.  Plus, it will be on a brick red wall I thought the blue border would tone down the really bright red.  I used a Bar Harbor charm pack and an old beige fabric.  I quilted it on my domestic sewing machine.  The backing is the same as the border.  It's so nice to have a finish! 

I haven't gotten as far on the pieced border of the Million Pieces quilt as I had hoped to. (Shucks, today I cleaned house and did a few loads of laundry -- not all that much sewing time!) I think I now have all the half square triangles made.  And, on the trip around the world 3 quadrants are completed.  And, the fourth one is probably about 1/2 done.  I try to sew one strip every time I sit down to sew.  Kind of like an ender except afterwards I always sew a part of a four patch as the real ender.  

It would be wonderful if I could just sew all day tomorrow but the cabinets and refrigerator are getting bare.  And, rats, it's suppose to rain all day.  But, grocery shopping I must go! Sigh.  When I get to the studio the plan is the to finish 2nd border of Million Pieces quilt. I keep thinking how much yardage I will have used when that quilt is done!  Talk about motivation. 

Happy Quilting All! 


  1. Yay! that turned out wonderfully!! I love it with the border on it. Great job!

  2. Too cute for words. Congratulations.

  3. What an adorable quilt. Those little nine patches are just too cute for words. I like the extra border. Hope you get that second border done on the Million Pieces quilt -- what a lot of squares!


I am pleased you've come to visit. I hope you will leave a comment.