Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Look What I Finished!


This is for Sophia -- hopefully she'll fit into it around Christmas.  The color is wrong on these photos as it is a bright kelly green or Christmas green.  I finished the two pieces a week or so ago but just got the buttons on last night.  I can't wait for Sophia to come in a couple of weeks.  We may have to have a little fashion show! 

Here's the little hat, up close and personal.  I love the little leaf design in this set.  Although, darn it, I had to pay close attention to it as I was knitting it.  

This is the 1800'sVintage Quilt that was a pattern on Moda  Bakeshop a while ago. I am adding borders the same size as the 9 patches.  I think this was taken when auditioning border sizes.  I sewed two sides on last evening but didn't want to heat up the iron to put the other two on ....  you know what will be at the top of my to do list today!  






And, since I have a perfectly good walking foot on the machine I might actually quilt it.  It seems too small to put on Ruthie.  But, I'll need to do some thinking about what to do in the borders.  Could I hand quilt a cable in it?  Tell me what you think... do you mix hand quilting with machine quilting?  


Lots of quilts are currently in progress -- need to focus so I can get a few projects done this month.  I've already gone a bit wild on fabric purchases for the Christmas Tree Skirt.  Perhaps that will be my goal for the rest of the month -- finish a few quilts/projects! 


Time to hit the studio.  I'm so looking forward to tomorrow when the temperatures are going to be in the low 70's instead of the high 80's.  


Happy Quilting All! 

4 comments:

  1. What a darling sweater set! Nice Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..that sweater set is tooo cute!! The 1800's quilt is perfect!! I love the borders on it. Mine was left without. Hmm..I might have to add some to my second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater outfit looks lovely.
    I like the fact that you are attaching a border to the quilt. Mine is still in pieces (sigh).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.