Sunday, April 23, 2017

Monday Meanderings 4 - 24 - 2017

I had a great weekend but I sure don't have much to show for the time I spent in Sharon's studio.  I do have two great piles of fabrics for my Scrappy Stars quilt.  One is already cut into squares.  The other needs to be cut with my Go cutter.  That will happen over the next few weeks as I want all the squares ready to put together during the retreat in May. 



So, with not much to show I'm going to share a table runner my friend Beth made.  She doesn't quilt a lot but she has made a few quilts over the years.  Her mom gave her a great table runner pattern and fabrics to make it.  Beth has been coming down to my house every week for a month or two to make her runner. 

She spent her first visit cutting her fabrics into strips.  Next time she came she put the strips into a bag and drew them out randomly to sew them together.  Each strip was sewn with a little curve.  

After several visits Beth had the rough shape of a table runner flimsy finished. 








According to the pattern it was time to quilt the top and the batting.  Different than what I am used to but Beth followed the directions.  I showed her how to spray baste her top to the batting and she stitched in the ditch.  After that was done she put the backing on right sides together and then stitched around the edges.  I've always considered stitching the edges and turning a quilt through a gap as "birthing" a quilt.  So Beth did that. The last step was to stitch in the ditch in about 5 places to secure the batting/top to the backing.  Next step -- show it off on the table. It really looks great to me! Thanks to Beth for letting me show off her finished table runner. 


 Hopefully I'll have more of my own work to share over the next week.  But now, it's time to see how I did on my weekly goals, 
April 17, 2017
Knit on Jenny’s scarf√
Organize and give a small trunk show√
Organize projects for weekend sewing√
Continue cutting fabric for Hands 2 Help Quilt I need over 400 and I think I’m at 130 or so….√
Make the rest of Stack N Whack blocks and sew together BUMMER, I forgot to grab the box for this one
Make more pouches (I think I only need 5 more…) √

And this week -- 

April24, 2017
Work on the Stack N Whack blocks
Knit on Jenny’s scarf
Cut the fabric I got from Sharon
Pick fabric for flower wall hanging
Pick fabric and begin ugly fabric challenge for Country Piecemakers
Make 3 more pouches and rest of the boxes

I'm linking up to my regular Linky Parties: Monday Making,  Main Crush Monday and Moving It Forward Monday.  


Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Love the table runner - so modern and chic. Bonnie - you are making lists and killing them too. Power to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Beth! Your table runner looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth did a great job! So what is next on her list to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ripply piecing in this design. (Now I'm thinking how it would look as a tote bag. You know what's on my brain this season.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table runner looks so modern and fresh - love it! And how nice to not have to do batting! :) Thanks for linking to MCM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have quite a list of goals! Love your redbud blooming in your header.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth's table runner looks great!
    Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.