Friday, July 15, 2011

Life Is Good . . .

RUTHIE'S BACK
and
she's better than ever! 
Bill, our very mechanically inclined neighbor and Diana's husband, replaced one guide and the whole hook assembly.  I also got a new bobbin case.  Pat worked hard on it too but didn't have enough time to spend, well he does have to go to work.  Thanks bunches Bill.  Now, how are you on iPods?  
The first quilt up is this baby quilt Jenny did and boy howdy -- it is definitely fun to quilt!
 I'm stitching in the ditch on each of the squares and then stippling around the applique. 

Yesterday was a preview party for Quilter's Corner. Tiffany Sherman is the new owner.  She closed the store for a couple of days and reopened with a big hoopla. What better place to go with folks who are interested in quilting?  So I dragged invited Diana and Jennie to come with me.  After an early dinner we descended on the store. (Along with a nice crowd of interested folks.) We stayed for several hours enjoying the sights.  Diana even won one of the door prizes.  Needless to say I was terribly jealous when I realized the prize was a bunch of batiks.  I think she said they were 10 x 10" pieces.  Hey, I could definitely find something to do with those!  We all got a goody bag that included a fat quarter, a pen and chocolate.  I don't know why I have no pictures of Diana but here's Jennie checking out a quilt she likes and some fabric. 
If I didn't mention before we live on 2 acres in a small subdivision.  And, we have some serious gardeners living nearby.  I have been the grateful recipient of quite a lot of veggies and fruits.  Here's some of what we've recently received.  I call it Vegetable Still Life.  No zucchinis but lots of cucumbers. 


Half of tomorrow will be spent on Ruthie trying to finish Jenny's quilt.  The other half I plan to put together the baby quilt I've been working on.  Hopefully I'll post a picture of the top on Monday.  

Happy Quilting All!  

5 comments:

  1. the quilt looks like fun! Glad Ruthie is back in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, glad Ruthie is up and running again! Looks like you had fun at the opening!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that your machine is back up and running. I can imagine your frustration. I want a long arm, but sometimes I wonder how much I really want it when I hear of all the problems they can have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Ruthie is up and running, ready to rock and roll. She ought to be like new now. Know you have a lot of catching up to do.

    Donna K. from N. TX @ http://www.quiltingbeargal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.