Thursday, April 18, 2013

To Word Verify or Not....

I hate having to verify words when I post on blogs.  I often have a hard time interpreting what the letters or numbers are.  It is a pain to do it.  It annoys me to try.  It is also becoming part of my blog as of today.

I've just spent the last 30 minutes plus reviewing anonymous responses that also have a link to odd ball, non-quilt related things.  Honestly, who needs that aggravation.  I found a 2009 post with over 20 comments with links.  What a pain it was to get rid of them.  But, they are deleted now.  

No Triangle Thursday today.  I'm knee deep in trying to finish a few things that are going into an auction next week.  I'll leave you with a photo of Sophie that her dad posted to Facebook with the comment "Fashionable": 

Happy Quilting

4 comments:

  1. I took the word verify off and just plain moderated, does the same thing only it's easier for people to leave comments. And you can accept comment or delete it through email, even on your cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently added word verification because of multiple spam comments; however, this morning two spam comments were published via word verification. It is maddening. I've gone years without spam, and now I have numerous ones each day.

    I hope to go back to no word verification when the spammers give up trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious little fashionista.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got my word verification turned off, disallowed anonymous comments, and I'm moderating comments on posts more than a month old. It's cut the spam down to almost nothing.

    Not entirely sure if it's fair to the anonymous commenters, but it makes things easier for everyone else, so I guess it's a fair trade off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.