Monday, April 29, 2013

Design Wall Monday 4-29-13

YEAH!  I've finished the afghan for Natalie.  First, let me admit I am not much of a crocheter.  It's not that I can't do it, more that I don't enjoy doing it.  I have to watch every stitch.  With noncomplicated knitting I just knit, no watching.  But, Jenny wanted Natalie to have a crocheted blanket since Sophie likes hers so much.  Or at least that's what I thought, so off (last summer) I went to buy a variegated yarn to use.  I decided the pattern didn't seem large enough so I added more.  And, I've been working on it off and on for months.  A lot of off but eventually enough on to actually finish it.  During the last few months I've been saying, no more crocheting.  But now I'm thinking about the cute hats I've seen and mittens and... but not for a while. 

I loved the colors. 


I like how the picot edge hides some problems! 

I've been working on other things, especially quilting on Ruthie but I whipped Jenny's quilt off so Aimee could quilt a little baby quilt for a friend.  She did a great meander with loops.  Nice Job, Aimee. 
I didn't crop this picture so you can see the whole pack of dogs we have when we get together.  They get along great so it isn't a big deal.  

I did pretty well on my weekly goals last week.  And this week I have several things I really need to focus on so the list is pretty short. 
Week of April 22, 2013
Finish binding auction table runner
Finish the picot edge on the crochet afghan for Natalie  Yeah!  All done!
Go to the Fiber Festival in town with Aimee
Load and quilt Jenny’s quilt Loaded and about half quilted
Piece the backing for the kitty cat quilt and load it on Ruthie
Start the guild challenge quilt
Start the Small Quilt Chat swap quilt
Clean house√ not as thorough as sometimes but definitely much better 

Week of April 29, 2013
Work on guild challenge quilt
Finish Jenny’s quilt
Piece the backing for the kitty cat quilt and load it on Ruthie
Start the Small Quilt Chat swap quilt
Finish binding on charity pinwheel quilt
Keep making half square triangles for a small quilt for me

I'm looking forward to another great week with high hopes to finish off some of these goals.  Visit design walls across the universe by starting at Patchwork Times. 

Happy Quilting All! 



5 comments:

  1. The yarn created an interesting design in the afghan.

    To be more focused, I need to start a list of weekly/monthly goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the thumbnail I thought you had a quilt made of very small pieces! :-) Knitting is my preference too--more comfortable hand motions. Your blanket turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the afghan! I'm with you, I have to watch and study every stitch when I try to crochet. But it really is a beauty. And yes the first thing I thought was well, that's quite the dog pound you have going there. Well until I realized that I was only one dog short of a dog pound like your picture :) And when the kids come home they all bring their dogs. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute afghan. I think that your friend did a great job on the baby quilt. I am so bad at following patterns I stick to crocheting little animals... but I also like to crochet blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn cute throw. Love the colors. I haven't crocheted in years but I have a couple of crochet throws make by my grandmother and mom. Truly treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.