Monday, September 30, 2013

Design Wall Monday 9-30-2013

This is a top secret project that I'm almost finished with.  Just a little hand sewing left to do. Complete pictures will be posted later. 

Last Wednesday I used my new studio for a mini-pillowcase day.  Kay's sister is involved with hospice and had asked Kay to make pillowcases for her clients as part of a Christmas event.  Kay provided the fabrics and had done most of the cutting.  Janet and I provided some of the labor. 

Here's Kay pinning one of the cases.  She pinned all of the cases.  I serged all that we finished that day. Janet ironed all of the fabric, turned the pillowcases and then ironed the finished projects.  The 3 of us finished about 14 cases.  Kay was able to pin the other 7 so all she had to do was sew them up. 
A selection of finished cases.


The finished cases ready to go.
On to the goals.  I'm surprised I got as much checked off as I did.  I had two days where almost no sewing was done because I was out and about with Pat. And another day off with friends.  Here are the results. 

Week of September 23, 2013
Trim Bumble Bee & Flowers Quilt
Sew the binding on it√ done after too many years!
Finish sewing Orange Peels together into a top
Finish loading peach quilt and quilt it
Make binding for the peach quilt
Make pillow cases with Kay and friends for nursing home
Finish sewing blocks into rows for shaded 9 patch

And this weeks - - - 

Week of September 30, 2013
Finish secret project to take on retreat
Make another secret project
Figure out what to bring on retreat to work on
Go to Patchwork Plus and then to RETREAT!
Start and maybe finish a couple of projects @ retreat
Work on black and white log cabin
Attend Aimee’s baby shower

I'm looking forward to Country Piecemakers retreat this week.  I'll be meeting up with friends Thursday to do a little shopping and then head to the retreat center and start sewing.  It looks like we'll have gorgeous weather too.  

Go take a look at Patchwork Times so you can find links to all sorts of other design walls this morning. 

 Happy Quilting All!




1 comment:

  1. That is a sweet peek of your secret project! Nice pillowcases for a worthwhile group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.