Friday, May 1, 2015

April Stashbusting Report

I'm doing a little happy dance around the studio today!  I love it when I use more fabric than I buy and that is exactly what I did this month.  In fact, I used enough fabric to wipe out my excess fabric in from last month.  Yee Haw! Comparing this year to last year,  I'm ahead on fabric used through last April and behind in fabric coming in. And, that is exactly what I like!  Of course, I'm fabric shopping tomorrow.  

2015
Fabric In Month
Fabric in Year
Fabric Out Month
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out Year
April
4.75
23.75
11.00
26.65
2.90

Earlier this year Sharon moved her studio into her basement.  I'm sharing Sharon's new studio.  She loves my former-attic studio.  We have a lot of fun sewing together when we get together.  Her original studio was a pretty small bedroom on her second floor.  Previously, when we sewed at her house either we'd set up on the dining room table or I'd plan to cut something out or we took turns at her sewing machine.  Well all that has changed with a move to the basement.  A lot of work went into freshening it up and making it work for her sewing. Dale did a great job fixing it up for Sharon (and me!) 
Viewing the basement stairs from the main floor.  Great quilt on the wall at the bottom.
This is one of two sewing stations.  You can see the second one at the back of the room on the left. 
Here's the second station looking to the left of the front section of the space.  It's an "L" shaped room. 
This is taken from the room in background of the picture above looking at her cutting table and sewing station number 2.  If I remember correctly, the double doors on the right house her stash. (If I am wrong, it's the doors going to the water heater and mechanicals.) 
Can you tell she is partial to blues? I'm pretty sure she has more fabric in another closet cause she's missing purples and bright whites.  Just saying! 

That's it for today.  I have a big quilt on Ruthie that is almost finished.  That's today's goal and I've been writing this instead of getting upstairs and finishing it.  I have until Sunday so I'm not worried as there are only 3 rows left, maybe 4.  

Happy Quilting All. 


3 comments:

  1. Sharon's sewing area is wonderful and spacious. Isn't it fun to see with friends?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.