Monday, May 25, 2015

Design Wall Monday 5 - 25 -2015

How could a whole week just fly by?  I have little to show that I worked on this past week.  I did get some more units of the Galaxy blocks done.  Here are some that need to be trimmed up.  Although it sounds daunting to trim up each unit for a block the end results are fabulous.  I just haven't hung around the tv recently to actually trim stuff up. It's hard to complain when perfect "V Blocks" result from that trimming up. 
This is new fabric for some more pillows for the beach house. The leaves fabric was used for the 16" pillows I did before. The pillows look lost on the couch. So, I'm going to make 2 20" pillows today.  They are so darn fast I can do them sandwiched in whatever else I decide to do today, besides a bit of lawn work. 

Goals were met this week for the most part but I don't feel like I've sewn for days -- although I know I have. 
Week of May 18, 2015
Continue on Galaxy Blocks
Load and begin to quilt Wild Dogs √ loaded the backing but nothing else done
Keep progressing on Love Shack √ almost done
Figure out Christmas blocks to make a table runner Nothing done…

Week of May 25, 2015
Finish something before June 1, anything!
Sew last 2 borders on Love Shack and maybe quilt it
Make pillow covers
Enjoy the beach 
Read some books

Summer has finally settled in on us. The weather recently has been warm but the humidity is low. It makes the days so nice whether indoors or outdoors.  I was helping with yard work. (Who me??? I hate yard work.  I am not a gardener!) I was shocked to find the deer in the neighborhood had chewed my hydrangea.  They don't always feast on it so I was surprised.  Lots of stems with no leaves sticking up.  Darn. 

I'm linking up at Patchwork Times

May we all take a little time today to honor our military who continuously work so that we may enjoy freedom. 

Happy Quilting All! 


10 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, I think enjoy the beach and read some books should be at the top of your list this week. ;) Love your pillow fabric. Squaring up is my least favorite part of quilting. I love the Go Cutter for these blocks. Everything fits perfect.
    Darn deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm knee deep in the flower beds. Trimming is kinda relaxing and I like it and especially the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful beachy turquoise for the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm also in the mid atlantic in MD and the weather has been glorious. Hard to think about sitting in a sewing room right now. But wait, the heat, haze and humidity are coming. Then we'll want to sew. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow fabrics will make great beach pillows! The weather has been beautiful here in VA. We need to soak it up while we can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow fabrics complement each other very well! Great choices.

    I dread trimming, too, but I agree it's worth it to get perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which V block ruler are you using? I've heard there is a new one. I could tell from the hydrangea picture what you were going to say. Last year I planted 9 and the deer ate every one! They even eat my hollies with prickly leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post! I like your work. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trimming is just another step in the process toward a lovely finished product....... I now cut my HST's larger and trim them down to get a better outcome.....

    I see now why your work is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pillow fabric. Hope you were able to get them made up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.