Friday, May 29, 2015

No Quilting Going On Here

I finally got all the string blocks sewn to fit the top and bottom borders of Love Shack. It's ready to quilt.  I'm thinking of doing big stitch hand quilting.  Except I really want it finished and heavens know it will take me years to do this by hand.  
                               
And here are the two new pillows done and on the couch with the others.  The new pillows are 20", the old ones are 16". When I made the first big pillow cover I was reading directions for an 18" cover and oops!  I cut the fabric 18" as the directions said.  I decided to proceed anyway because I didn't have any more fabric and I had bought the last piece of it.  Surprise.  18" sewn to about 17" worked just fine.  The second cover was a bit bigger but not much.  I had to wrestle the forms into the covers but don't they look nice now? 

And here are a few pictures of nature around us.  


And I leave you with a photo from the beach.                           
                             
                                

Although I'm not getting any quilting done here -- didn't even bring any down with me -- Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 






3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it just good to soak up the sun and get sand between your toes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm jealous! I want to have my toes in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Shack is a bright and fun quilt! Love all that color. Enjoy your beach time. Hopefully DT and I will be on the beach in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.