Thursday, November 29, 2018

November OMG Done √

Yea!  Another goal accomplished.  On November 4th I set this goal: 


"I'm going to try to get my heron wall hanging to the top stage."

It wasn't a really big goal but I really would like to get this bird done!  The kit sat for years and now it's time to finish it and hang it in the great room.  

Top is finished!  I really like it except for one weird thing.  The left side is a bit crooked. Hum,   
I must have sewn the background fabric a little wonky.  That's easy to fix, I think.  I'll mark the beginning and the end of the "wonkiness" and sew a little smaller seam.  I'll be right back.  πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ
🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎡
🎡🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢
🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎡
🎡🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢
🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎡
   πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ
🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎡

🎡🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎢🎡🎡🎢
🎢🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢
🎡🎡🎢🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎡🎡🎢🎡🎡music to wait by.... 

It took me longer than I thought to fix it.  How does it look now? Less of an indent in the middle of the left side?  There is still some indent there but it doesn't seem as bad as the first one.  There may be some more messing with this before the quilting.  Or I may just say "It is what it is!"  What do you think?  More fussing or is it done, ready for quilting?

One thing you can't see in the pic is all of the thread hanging around the legs.  I thought I had tied and buried all of it but oops!  There it hung.  You know the BIG problem with invisible thread??? You CAN'T see it. I had a heck of a time threading my needle to bury the threads. I'll be dealing with that again this evening while I try to finish moving threads to the back, tying and burying them.  Something to keep me busy while I watch some Hallmark movies. If I can see them!  

I've got a couple of pillowcases I want to make before the end of the month.  My finishes this month haven't used much of my own fabric -- mainly binding for small quilts.  So I figure two pillowcases will help me use up some actual yardage.  Especially since I specifically bought them for charity pillowcases for Christmas.  

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts OMG November Finishes, Needle and Thread Thursday, MidWeek Makers, and Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop.  Take a look to see what folks are up to. (We'll see if I remember Whoop, Whoop! tomorrow.) Success!  I remembered Friday evening.  Happy weekend all! 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 





7 comments:

  1. It's lovely - I'd leave it as it is and shave a bit of the border off when you trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty, looks fine in the second photo. I need to do some charity pillowcases, must see what fabrics I can use. I think I made about 10 last year before Christmas, definitely slacking this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your heron. This is going to look great in your guest room butI think your heron really deserves to to be somewhere he'll get seen more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We call all herons "Harvey," and your Harv looks great! I can't see any threads, much less the invisible type. Have you tried the self threading needles? They are a real sanity saver for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super nice heron quilt. Nice fix too. Have you ever used a self-threading needle for fix'n all those loose threads? They are a real time saver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I see Louise commented on self threading needles too!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.