Monday, June 13, 2022

Monday Meanderings 6 - 12 - 2022

I am so late getting this posted.  I don't have a lot to share today except goals.  Let's start with last week's list. 

6/6/22

✅Cut out dog toys for MAESSR - all have been cut out - 20!

✅Work on pyramid class project - top is together. This is small 32" x 26". It will hang in our living room between the French doors and a window when quilted. 



✅Pin baste June UFO project old doggy top - ready for quilting with the Bernina.

Cut and sew a couple more red spider web blocks - 3 cut, 2 sewn


Pretty good week overall. What I'm not showing as a goal is all the books I read this week. I read 4 books and listened to one audio book.  The best of them was the audio book, The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave. It was listed as a Thriller and Suspense along with Fiction and Literature. The book club picked it for June. I do not like to read thrillers and suspenseful books.  But, I decided to give it a go.  There was a little suspense but it wasn't the heart pounding variety that makes you look away if you're watching a movie. In the end I really enjoyed it. 


Moving on to this week. Here are the goals I'll be working on. 


6/13/22

Start quilting June UFO

Make June BOM from a quilting life

Make several blocks: Spider Web, Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and FCQ Equilter blocks

Make some of the dog toys


I can tell you I've already made one of the dog toys.  They are pretty fast to make up until I realize I have 20, 19 of them to make. Plus, I don't have much in the way of black poly thread so I may have to buy more thread to make up all of them.  Hum, these toys are fleece - black with multicolored paws on them.  Do you think I could get by with dark brown thread instead of black?  Maybe the thread is buried enough so it won't matter. 


Have you watched the House of Representatives January 6th Committee public hearings?  We have with great interest.  Several things have struck me. First Lynne Cheney is amazing.  I hope Wyoming realizes what a patriot she is and re-elects her to the House. Secondly, is how most of President Trump's advisors told him he did not win the election and yet he persisted in his false narrative. Lastly, I feel sorry for the millions of his supporters who donated to his cause after the election. He raised over $250,000,000 from small donors. None of the money went to the defense of the "stolen" election. I wonder if they would continue to financially support him knowing what is being shown during these hearings. 


Enough of that.  I'm ready to link up with several parties.

 Monday Making

Design Wall Monday

To Do Tuesday 

Mid-Week Makers 


I'll be back to link up to the last two as they become available.  


Enjoy your week and


Happy Quilting! Bonnie 

12 comments:

  1. Gosh that's a long list! I'm tired just reading it....good luck 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put that book on hold for audio when it comes in, thank you for the recommendation I'm always looking for more to read/listen to. I too have been listening and I although I had never thought in the past that I would admire Liz Cheney because of political differences I find more and more that I admire the woman greatly - she has stood up for the truth no matter what - some say she is committing political suicide and that might be a fact as I know many in the Republican party consider her a traitor - I believe she is a strong admirable woman and such a great role model for young women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your triangle quilt just sparkles. I love triangle quilts and may need to add another one to my list. Great job on completing the items on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job making so much progress. I'm just now starting to be productive again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pyramid blocks!
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your triangle quilt and love that border you chose to do on it. You did well on your list. I know that thread really sinks into fleece, if you have a scrap fleece try your brown thread. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those triangles -- wonderful colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pyramid project is just great, Bonnie! I love the colors and your piecing really looks perfect. I also loved that book that you mention - it was a real page turner! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a good week! The triangle quilt is wonderful. I watched some videos on you tube and was quite inspired. I would need to buy some fabric to go with what I have so probably not now.
    I don't think dogs would be critical of thread colour, and as someone else said the loft of the fleece will hide the thread.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie saw that on our news here in New Zealand about Trump, these days though it is so good not to be daily focused on him, except for these hearings. Love your pyramid project and as a reader as well loved you read so many books. I have The Last Thing He Told Me on my bookshelf. Haven't read it yet, I will read a few suspenseful / crime kind of books but I do skip the horrible bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How on earth were you able to read 4 books in a week??? I'm struggling to finish a (not very funny) book in order to get to one I'm hoping to enjoy more.
    Watching the hearings has had me vacillating between being impressed with the professionalism and the wealth of information, and being stunned at how many of Trump's advisors knew what was happening and didn't say anything until asked by the committee. Yikes. What else will we find out in the weeks to come?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.