Saturday, June 18, 2022

RSC Saturday

I finally decided to take out my RSC blocks to get a picture of them all together - minus the last blue one that is actually cut out but not sewn yet.  I like the block but I'm not happy with all my color choices.  On the other hand, I'm not buying any fabric for these so, I shouldn't complain. 

It currently looks a little heavy on the red/pink blocks but should balance out over the next few months. We still have orange and purple and probably a few more colors.  It looks to me that my turquoises aren't all bright enough.  I may make a couple more blocks at the end of the year to balance what I have and make sure I have enough blocks for the quilt I'll finally make from these. I only made 2 of the turquoise ones and one actually looks green although it is teal.  (3rd column, 3rd row.) 

Here's a quick peak at where we spent part of this week. 

We spent our 49th anniversary in Norfolk enjoying the sights.  I'll share some more pictures next week.  It was a fun couple of days and I was surprised how much there was to do in Norfolk. 

Now, I'm ready to finish my last blue RSC block and get on to some other blocks I've cut out. Check out the two Linky parties below.  I'm sure you'll see some fabulous quilts and more ideas than you can use! 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 




12 comments:

  1. happy anniversary - it is ours as well. Lot of things to do in Norfolk have visited more than once as family has always lived there -- love your RSC quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I think your RSC blocks are terrific, and once more colors are added it will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to see the blocks you've made so far up on the wall together! The look of the blocks does change when you add more colors. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun trip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary, Bonnie!! Thanks for sharing your completed blocks with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like those blocks tho - very spinny!
    Can't wait to see your photos!!! hope it was an amazing trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Looking forward to your trip photos. That's a neat pattern for your RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! I really do think those colors will all blend in nicely when you get the others added in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blocks - a warm, textured charcoal or black sashing will make all the colors “Pop.” Happy Belated Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a great colorful assortment of blocks, Bonnie!!! And I know you have more to come--it's coming together great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your RSC blocks are all so bright and pretty - I am eager to see how they finish up. Perhaps they just need to be balanced in the photo but You'll figure it out! The suggestion of a black binding was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pattern for RSC. That is going to be an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Next year will be a golden biggie! I love your pinwheel blocks and think they look great together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.