Sunday, June 5, 2022

Monday Meanderings - 6 - 6 - 2022

I was hoping that the end of singing rehearsals and concerts would mean I would have more time to sew.  Um.  Didn't happen.  Tuesday which is a day I usually spend the whole time sewing turned out to be a day of errands.  Wednesday I did spend a little time in the studio. I must have gotten more bits of time in there as I made progress on most goals.  Take a look: 

5/30/22

✅Finish SAHRR top — better known as Feathered Star -- top is done unless I add appliqué.

✅Work on pyramid class project -- found more fabric for it, started making more triangles.

Begin working on June UFO challenge - quilt old doggy top -- nothing done other than getting it out of the closet. 

✅Mail out blocks for FCQ Equilters and quilts to Hands 2 Help -- 5 tops in the mail to Cool Kids Clubhouse in North Carolina.

Quilt one of my quilts -- quilted, still needs binding.


Yep I made forward progress on 4 out of 5 goals.  Not bad.  I'll be continuing to work on two of these goals this week. Here's what I hope to make progress on this week. 


6/6/22

Cut out dog toys for MAESSR 

Work on pyramid class project

Pin baste June UFO project old doggy top

Cut and sew a couple more red spider web blocks


Short list but maybe I can actually finish all of them. (Hum, most of these goals shouldn't take up all that much time.) 


Here's the top from with the 6" sampler blocks.  The week of May 23rd I listed getting the sashing done on it.  I realized today that I hadn't shared a picture of it on my blog.  



I already have the backing fabric for this one so I should be able to get it quilted and bound this month.  


This is a short post, not much happening in the studio.  So please take a look at some of the links at these parties. 

Oh Scrap

Monday Making

Design Wall Monday

To Do Tuesday 

Hum, usually at least two of these are posted Sunday night.  Maybe I'm a bit earlier than usual.  I'll be back to link up the rest on Monday and Tuesday.  


Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie  






10 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck with your week ahead. I feel a slow week coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making progress on four out of five goals is great. I haven’t stepped in my sewing room for nearly a week. I’ve been swamped with doctor appointments and errands. Maybe I can get something going this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sampler.
    I reckon progress on 4 projects is great!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look at my list and think, "yeah that's totally do-able" (and maybe throw a few more on it) and then poof! Now why do those things take way more time than we think? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty sampler quilt - love the colors. Do you think you'll add applique to your SAHRR-feathered star?
    Thanks for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that sampler quilt - what pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weeks always start out seeming wide open, and then who knows where the time goes! Your sampler quilt is so pretty - love all the different blocks and color. I sent one of my H2H donation quilts to Cool Kids Clubhouse - thank for recommending them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just goes to show, solid goals can be a better indicator of our use of time than our feelings! Always fun to see your quilts, Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Bonnie, these are so precious. It is like I have the roadmap for the next 10 years of my RSC blocks :-D I wish I could zoom into your blocks, specially the hexie block in the center of the quilt. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.