Thursday, December 24, 2009

Everything Done and Ready!

As promised here is a picture of Jenny's king size quilt. It hangs to the floor on both sides on this queen size bed. She sewed the binding on by machine this morning. Now she is working on hand sewing it down. I couldn't hang it over the bannister on the upper level and take a picture cause there is garland and lights on it. At least you can get a feel for the whole quilt with this picture.

And this is the little tree upstairs overlooking the great room.

I wanted to show the upstairs decorating but Raggs decided he needed to supervise. Honest, he sat there waiting for me to take the picture. He did such a good job I gave him a dog biscuit. So now ...
He wants to get in all the pictures! And he sat still while I changed to a tighter view. Hum, a photo hound!
These Santas are sitting on a small table on the landing of the stairs with a little soft angel horse. See the little cat? It is a new pin cushion my friend Judy gave me. It is made on top of a wooden spool. Too cute. The quilt to the left is a Pineapple Blossom -- directions are at Quiltville.

Kevin and Aimee arrived early this afternoon with Jenny and Brian arriving yesterday evening. We are all ready for Christmas. The presents are over flowing around the tree. Yikes, and there are no children under 26 here.

On the quilting front, I put the last two pieces of the border on my Mystery #11 from Mysteries for Relay. I am ready to piece the backing over the next few days. As I've said before, I want to have it completely done before 2010 starts! I'm on schedule for it so we'll see how it goes.

Hope your holidays are enjoyable and Happy Quilting All!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you. I pray that you will have peace in your heart this Christmas Eve. Your home is ready and lovely - as you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.