Remember this picture from last post? It is 10 1/2" x 8 1/2" with 2" finished blocks. I'm doing clamshells on it but it is really wrinkling up. Or so it seems to me. I'm using an 80 weight DMC cotton. Hind sight says I probably should have used regular quilting thread. Honestly, I can't tell if it seems thicker or thinner than normal hand quilting thread. After one false start I decided on clamshells. I figured it needed some softening of all the angles. And, I actually had a stencil I could use.
Here is what it currently looks like, a bit under half way done. I'm not trying to do tiny little stitches just quilting along. I spent quite a bit of time on it yesterday but I don't feel I got very far. (Hum, could it be that I was watching a movie and then a few episodes of Bones and not paying as much attention to the quilt as I should?) I'm going to be back at it after this post.
My question to you all is how would you have quilted this? I am NOT taking this out so this is a rhetorical question. I have a whole box of these things left and heaven knows I try to use them up! Leave me a note with your ideas.
Yesterday I continued to preshrink a charm pack. Ok, call me crazy but it wasn't all that hard. I soaked a few pieces at a time in hot water in the sink. Then laid them out to dry on a towel. I didn't want to mix washed and unwashed fabs. These are going to be used to make a small wall hanging from Moda Bake Shop. It's 1800's Vintage Quilt. I think it will look great in the front bedroom which is navy blue and brick red. I've got a quilt in progress so this will pretty much finish off the room for the time being. And, yes, these are some of the fabrics I'll probably use. I have to figure out how many are needed and then work from there. Most of the dark ones are black not navy -- the navy were in a different washing. I'll put more of them in then the black, no doubt. I'll keep you posted.