Monday, August 30, 2010

Just a Bit of Quilting Happening

Yes, I did get a little bit of quilting done last week between all the events going on.  And here's what it looks like.  I am making the 1800 quilt from Moda Bake Shop.  It is basically a 9 patch with a few little twists.  And, the pieces are cut 1 1/4" inches so finished size must be 3/4"?? I am using Bar Harbor charm pack from Minick and Simpson.  Usually I don't use a line to create a quilt but I liked this particular line of fabrics so thought I would give it a try.  




Of course, first I had to take out all the light colored fabrics. And, I am using a light that I already had. (I really like using up fabric!)  


Here's what is left from the fabrics I used.  


When I can get back to sewing I'll be putting the 9 patches together. 


This was inspired by a challenge on Kathy Tracy's Small Quilt Chat group over on Yahoo.  I've been trying to do these little quilts on a regular basis. Although, I think this one will end up being a wall hanging.  


She also has a little challenge with these stars.  They were a perfect chance to try my Wing Clipper ruler.  It worked well but I need to finesse it a bit.  And, darn, I can't decide what other fabric I should put with this.  Once I decide on the last fabrics I'll try to get this together. It might work for a AAQI donation.  


Kevin and Aimee visited this weekend.  So Friday was a house cleaning day.  Then we went off with them on Saturday.  By Sunday afternoon I was ready to veg so no quilting was getting done.  Sigh.  And, visitors and cleaning made me forget to post.  So I'll try to do better until my quilting buddy shows up Wednesday!  


Happy quilting all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.