Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April One Monthly Goal

Another month, another goal. I find this monthly goal very motivating so I will be continuing until I run into a busy month.  So without further ado, April's goal is finishing the blocks and putting them together for my stack N whack quilt.  First, here's the picture from the book of the quilt I'm working on. (Magic Stack N Whack Quilts by Bethany Reynolds. You can click the link to see it on Amazon.) 


And here are my first 3 blocks.  I need to make 6 more blocks, which I think I've already cut out.  Then it is sew, sew, sew.  I keep asking myself why I didn't use the magenta instead of the green.  I think the green goes well with the blocks, I just don't like the color that much.  Sigh. 


So there it is -- make 6 blocks, sew them into rows and then sew the rows together.  I should be able to do that without too much trouble. 

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal linky party, Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication , Let's Be Social at Sew Fresh Quilts and Wow at Esther's Quilt Blog . Wow! That is a lot of listings for me... I usually link up with one or two linky parties.  Enjoy the browsing! 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

9 comments:

  1. I always love seeing Stack and Whack quilts at shows. I've never made one, but love how they remind me of a kaleidoscope I played with as a child.

    The green fabric will look great when the blocks are sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love stack-n-whack quilts - I'm always surprised by the results. Thanks for sharing your blocks on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Bonnie! I love the Stack N Wack and someone told me it was easy, so I made a few sample blocks. They look fine in theory but I will have to be a lot more accurate in my sewing to make a good job of it. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these blocks, and a good goal, it's going to look great (at the end of the month).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A solid, achievable goal. You go, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely doable. I love the kaleidoscope feel of those blocks, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie! I was the Stack 'n Whack queen of my former guild in Alberta! I taught many classes for the guild and at a local sewing shop as well. I still have one WIP to finish up and a few lengths of fabric that need to become stack 'n whack quilts! You've chosen a terrific print to give you some beautiful kaleidoscopes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat blocks! Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.