Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gem Show

The Gal Pals went to a gem show in northern Virginia on Friday.  We were nearing the end of the day before I started taking pictures.  Why didn't I think about this earlier? 

Rows and rows of beads to do it yourself.

Supplies to string your own beads.
Diana and Jennie deciding on cord to string some beads. 

We watched someone stringing some lovely beads and got a quick lesson.  Now I'm waiting to see Jennie's beads finished as a necklace.  

Honestly, I didn't think I would enjoy the gem show as much as just the fun time the three of us would have.  But I'm all ready for next year's trip and plan to buy some beads to string.  

I bought a couple of items but two of them I carefully put away in a purse... problem is it was Diana's purse. We have the exact same purse except hers is navy and mine is black.  By the time we were half way home it was getting dark and I carefully put away my cell phone and purchases.  Except, it was dark enough that I didn't realize I'd  put everything away in her purse.  When we got home I couldn't find my phone but finally checked her purse and retrieved my phone.  I just didn't think to check for my purchases.  Yep, had to call her to have her check her purse -- she had the pieces.  Sigh.  I'll try to post pictures of my new jewelry after I retrieve it from her! 

No quilting got done but I had a great time!
Happy Quilting All!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.