Monday, February 6, 2012

Design Wall Monday 2-6-12

First up -- 9 blocks done fom Carolina Christmas....

 But wait, there's more ... I actually have 11 blocks done.  I think I'll make at least one more block for this quilt. 
I
And, I have a few left over pieces for more blocks.  I know I'll make one more block but whether I make any more than that.... who knows.  I would like to finish this quilt but I would also like to be able to use it on a bed over Christmas. I think I'll make the gold/red block and then decide if I want to add more.  I guess the issue would be whether I want to make 7 more blocks as that is probably what I'd need to do to have a big enough quilt.  I still need to check out border designs.  I don't  have any directions for borders for this quilt. Anyone know if there were there directions for a border? 
Last weeks goals with almost everything checked off.
Week of Jan 30, 2012

Make binding and bind the Scrap Squad quilt
Quilt and bind the NY Day Mystery quilt√ started quilting
Make 3 more of the Mourning Quilt blocks, put it together, quilt it
Quilt Twister quilt √ and bound
Finish clue 5 of Carolina Christmas
Back to working on the FCQ Equilter’s donation quilt 5 blocks needed
Clean 2 more shelves of the refrigerator
Clean the stovetop really well
This weeks goals... not as much sewing as I've got to clean the house. 


Week of February 6, 2012
Pick next 1800s bom and write directions
Finish quilting and bind NY Day Mystery Quilt
Vacuum the house
Back to working on the FCQ Equilter’s donation quilt 5 blocks needed
Make snowman blocks and FCQ’s bom
Think about making blue and yellow pillow shams or cases
Decide on Carolina Christmas – make more blocks or leave as is?
Pick fabric for next Scrap Squad Quilt
Have a great time with Sharon visiting
This week will be busy -- laundry, cleaning, working out and my quilting buddy from Maryland, Sharon, coming for a visit.  We'll be trying to have 2 sewing machines set up in my studio... or I'll finish the quilt on Ruthie, get the binding sewn on and then hand sew the other side down. 
Do you want to see what else people are working on?  Go check out Patchwork Times.
The first day of next month I hope to put up a Mr. Linky for those of you who would like to keep track of your fabric usage every month.  Join me as we try to USE more fabric than we acquire.  Also, stop by next Sunday afternoon to see the latest block of the month for the 1800's quilt.  

Happy quilting all. 

12 comments:

  1. Bonnie, Bonnie -- this quilt is just going to be gorgeous!! You did great on your goals for last week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved this pattern of Bonnie H's. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks - make the size that you will use the most because if you don't, you'll always wish you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks. This is one that I would like to do to myself. FYI one of your star points is turned in your 2nd from the top middle block. Nothing worse than getting those sewn together and then seeing that. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolina Christmas is one of the mysteries that I skipped, but whenever I see one I am tempted....Yours looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your list! Your Carolina Christmas is looking great. Hope you figure out a good border for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Carolina Christmas - I happen to love having a quilt over the end of my bed over a very neutral spread - that way I can change the quilts whenever I want a different look. Lovely - JC

    ReplyDelete
  8. just gorgeous. I sure hope it takes a while to finish that last block. I just love seeing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Carolina Christmas is really coming along. I love the gold. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fabulous...I love it!
    There was a border given. The block was a dark half triangle on one side and two triangles on the other, one was light and one was dark. It was a nice border, but this doesn't really need one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice and bright. You have a hard decision. I know it's a lot of work! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.