Sunday, January 9, 2022

Monday Meanderings 1 - 10 - 2022

Are you staying safe these days?  We still mask up when we go out and are in the process of upgrading our mask type.  We have chosen not to go out as much but we still go a few places.  On the other hand I won't be attending quilt guild this month.  Our local hospitals are filling up and even though I'm fully vaccinated I sure don't want to add to their load. On the other hand staying home gives me a lot of time to quilt and read, two of my favorite things.   Now, on to my goals.

Last week:

1/3/2022

Work on January's UFO -- Here's what I've got so far. I need to finish 4 snowball blocks, seam the light houses, and trim some of the excess fabric off.  Then I'll decide where the lighthouses will be -- top or bottom. And what will go with them. 

Make more ombre blocks -- I made a few but have quite a few more to make. It's going to be a queen size quilt rather than the lap quilt I had originally planned. 

Start first round of SAHRR — oops doesn’t start until 1/10 but I have picked out my center block. 

Cut out Looking Glass quilt -- Done! And ready to sew 

Update Accuquilt Go Items online  Making progress, have the list need to add it online. 


This week:


1/10/2022

Start first round of SAHRR 

Work on Sail boat quilt (January UFO)

Make RSC blocks and mystery block 

Make backing for Happy Blocks

Make more ombre blocks

Add Go dies to online list 


It's a longer list than I usually come up with.  Hopefully I'll get all of them either done or move the projects ahead. 


Here are a couple of things I finished that weren't on my To Do List. 

These blocks were hanging around with some other sizes of Happy Blocks I have. All I did was sew them into rows and then sewed the rows together.  The most happy part of these blocks is I think I have a hunk of red fabric that I can use as a backing. Making the backing has been added to this week's list. Then I see some quilting in the coming weeks. 

These blocks go to Joan, a member of FCQ E-quilters.  She only asked for a few... I added a few more than she asked but I didn't go wild. 

Take a look at this picture -- it shows all the spools and cones I used up this year -- 21. The big purple cones are Mettler Silk Finish Cotton -- 2000 yard cones. I've done a lot of piecing in 2021! Which explains why there aren't as many smaller spools pictured. 


Here are the year's thread usage since I first started keeping track of my spools.  
   

Year

Spools Used Up

2021

21

2020

16

2019

21

2018

12

2017

30

2016

7

2015

27

2014

30

2013

17

2012

22

That's it for today. Take a look at these linky parties -- there are all sorts of blogs you can look at and get inspiration! 


Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 












13 comments:

  1. that is a lot of empty spools! we are doing like you even though we have had 3 shots we are playing it safe - we are both in high risk groups and me being autoimmune I might not have the same coverage as others do from getting all the shots. I rather stick around a few more years then running all over the place right now. I have upgraded my mask as well and now we are looking for a larger size mask for Mike - the K95 that I have is too small for his large face - must do more searching on line today

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighthouse fabric -- with the border print -- so cheerful! Spring is coming...spring is coming....The Christmas doughnut blocks look like a great stashbuster with graphic appeal. The unexpected Happy Blocks quilt is indeed happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the ocean themed project...can't wait to see it done...very repsecctable progress and yes, empty spools tells the tale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your thread usage! COVID numbers have more than tripled in my community since Christmas. I’m still masking in public and limiting my errands. I still go to the gym and isolate as much as I can. Thankfully,it’s a large building with good ventilation. I’m considering upgrading my masks,too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet and pretty projects you are working on. I love the Happy Blocks. Wow you used up the thread this past year. You have been super busy, Bonnie. Great job. Have a wonderful day and happy quilting. Loved reading about the decision making and quilting process in the last post. Your Winter quilt is adorable and got a quick out of Mr. Belly Button Penguin. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 really cute scrappy projects. The boat fabrics are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on using sew many spools of thread! Love all your projects you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects, and cute fabrics! That's a lot of emply bobbins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of time spent with needle and thread and pretty fabrics. What could be better? Oh--reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What happy projects you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of spools to empty! I started keeping track of just the ones I use up a couple years ago and I still can't figure out why last year's usage was so small (1 huge, 8 reg)? Although I have started buying the huge spools, it still seems I've done so much. Maybe they're all close to emptying and this year will show for it! LOL
    Good luck on your to-do's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Bonnie! It is a great idea to count spools used up!!! I have no idea how many I use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow on the thread usage! Loving the progress on your lighthouse quilt. That little quilt is so colorful and cute, and I really like the fabric in your blocks you're giving to your friend.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.