Sunday, July 17, 2022

Monday Meandering 7 - 18 - 2022

Oops!  I thought I had finished all of my goals last week.  But when I really read what I had written I hadn't. Not that I didn't get a lot done.  Just not all of what I wrote. I did quilt and bind a patriotic quilt that Marlyn, Beth and I made together last year. Here are the goals from last week. 

7/11/22

✅Finish July UFO to top stage -- done.

Quilt and bind July UFO -- didn't even look at it! 

✅Cut out Picnic Time wall hanging and start machine appliquéing pieces all pieces were cut out but no stitching was done. 

Make ✅June BOM from A Quilting Life, ✅Rainbow Scrap Challenge & ✅R, W, B blocks -- finished some of each of them.

Work on Christmas ornaments for grands -- progress was made.

 Here are the blocks I made... First up all the blocks from Sherri McConnell's, of A Quilting Life, block of the month. This month's block was the second row, middle block.  Looking at the blocks as a picture makes me realize I might need to lighten up some of my fabric choices for the upcoming blocks.  I've enjoyed making these and haven't had any problems keeping up. 

Next, my purple Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. 

Yes the darker part of the middle block is a really dark purple -- doesn't it look like black instead? 

And my final block is a log cabin (with strips cut using the Accuquilt Log Cabin block on board.) I decided I would use a waving flag print as one side of the block because there would be enough difference in the fabric to be interesting. It's a 12.5" block.

I have enough strips cut to make at least one more block, possibly two.  Since I won't be turning these patriotic blocks in until Wed evening I hope to make some more of them.  

This week I'll be working on the following projects.  

7/18/22

Keep working on Picnic Time

Quilt and bind July UFO 

Look at Halloween blocks and make some more 

Make more red, white and blue blocks 

I have an eye appointment and a couple of evening meetings this week.  Hopefully I'll make progress on all of these goals. 

Please take some time to visit the following Linky parties.  You know you want to see what everyone is working on!  I've finished this blog fairly early this week.  So, I'll have to come back to link up with the rest of the parties.  

Oh Scrap

Monday Making 

Design Wall Monday 

To Do Tuesday 

That's it for today.  

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


10 comments:

  1. Pretty blocks: the churn dash frames draw the eye into the individual blocks yet create a uniformity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the crumply effect of the flag fabric cut into logs. What's the name of your RSC block? How big are you making them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it does look like black on that block not dark purple - I find after I take a photo and view them I can see so much more about color than otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not have thought of using the same fabric for the whole side of the log cabin but it sure worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how those blocks are framed with churn dashes!!! Your purple RSC blocks are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of awesome blocks! I definitely think putting that larger flag print on one side of the log cabins will turn out wonderfully. It should provide some amazing visual impact with the neutrals. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri's blocks are really pretty. I love the wavy flags fabric on your log cabin; turned all different ways looks really neat. And of course I love the purples. The one I've been working with the past couple weeks looks almost black in photos. There really aren't any purples I don't love!
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.